Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Black watch Middlesex Regiment.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julie

julie Report 1 Mar 2019 01:13

Hi,
Don't know if anyone can help me., My Uncle Alexander Page Born 29/05/1926 in Pancras London was in Black watch Middlesex Regiment We are sure but dont have a service number/Army number for him is there anyway we could find this out. I know he moved Regimen to a couple of times before he was in Black watch as his team was wiped out also he told us he was burying the Dead when he was in France at the end of the war.
Any help will be Gratefully received.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Julie.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Mar 2019 10:18

WW2 Records are still with the MOD.
This is the link for obtaining UK service records:
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html
Give as much information as you can.

They’d cost £30 unless he or his widow can sign the forms. There are certain restrictions on the amount of information given to other applicants unless he died over 25 years ago. You might need to submit a death certificate.

They could take at least 3 months to arrive unless he or his widow (or legal representative) makes the application.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Mar 2019 11:27

In case you need to order a copy of his DC, this reference matches with the DOB you've given

Alexander Page
Death Age: 77
Birth Date: 29 May 1926
Registration Date: Mar 2004
Registration district: North Walsham
Inferred County: Norfolk
Register Number: ER54A
District and Subdistrict: 638/1

Given when his death was registered, his Estate *might* have gone to Probate. Suggestion only! Not all estates appear on the Probate Calendar, depending on the value & if the surviving spouse is the sole heir.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
PAGE ALEXANDER
Date of Probate 18 May 2004
Probate number 1522646
Date of death 27 Feb 2004
Document type Grant and will
Registry London

julie

julie Report 1 Mar 2019 19:09

Thank you +++DetEcTive+++

I am very grateful for all your help. It will be my Dad applying for his Brothers service records. There was about 20 yrs between my Dad and his brother . Do you still think it's possible to get his records with just his Death certificate ? As we do not have his Army number ?
Thank you again for all your help, I find this all very interesting wish I had done it sooner.

Kind Regards

Julie

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Mar 2019 22:26

The link DetEcTive gave you re service records gives you all the information you need about who can apply and how to do it.