Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A first cousin after all!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Oct 2013 16:39

I grew up in a tiny family with no cousins. Not a geat deal was known about my father's background as he was abandoned in a workhouse with his younger brother at a very early age. There was always a possibility that his brother may have had children but it was something we didn't think much about. Two years ago I was asked by a GR member if I was related to Reginald Lawson as he was his son. I thought this was highly unlikely until I was given more facts. Indeed, Nick and I met each other in our 70th year in 2011. He was an only child and again was abandoned by his father. I was able to fill him in on all the details I'd collected through my research. What a wonderful thing to happen when you reach 70! I have a first cousin after all!!!!! Pauline Lawson