Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A THANK YOU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Mar 2015 19:05

Around mid February 2015 I happened on this site by chance while searching to find out if my brother was still alive and was amazed to find that his Son had also been searching on this site. But seeing that his last posting was in 2011 I thought the chance of contacting him pretty slim. However, I decided that a one month subscription to try couldn’t hurt.
And, lo! and behold!! He responded!!
Because it was clear that we were definitely related and both in favour of continuing contact we came off this site to correspond privately and I’m happy to say that the outcome is proving very positive.
I am not needing further ancestral information therefore I shall not be continuing my subscription to this site but before I opt out I just want to let others know of my positive experience.
And a very special thank you to Joonie Cloonie who was not only extremely instrumental in helping me find the information I wanted but also passed it to me in a very kind and diplomatic way.
Joonie Cloonie, I wish I could shake your hand!!!