Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Ihave lost my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alice

Alice Report 7 Jun 2013 12:49

Hi I have not logged on for ages, but having logged on today my tree, which did have hundreds of entries, has disappeared, leaving one entry only.

It did take years to create, so I would really like to get it back, can anyone help?

thanks
Alice

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jun 2013 14:02

Alice, best to contact Support (via 'Help' in the very top menu on page, next to your name) hope they can help :-)

jax

jax Report 7 Jun 2013 15:45

Did you have another account with your tree on, as this account is only two years old?

Persephone

Persephone Report 9 Jun 2013 07:02

How can a tree disappear? This is serious stuff... the main selling point of GR is to have a tree and find links with others..

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 9 Jun 2013 13:31

It will NOT have disappeared. Its a techie thing that needs looking at.

Grace just needs to contact the support team and they will sort her problem out.

:-D :-D

Alice

Alice Report 17 Jun 2013 06:48

I have emailed helpdesk again, I havent had a reply back yet. I was working on this tree in 2006 maybe earlier, so don't understand why this account shows as started in 2011, argh

Thelma

Thelma Report 17 Jun 2013 11:04

Alice
Could it be that you have two accounts?
A way to check is to go to "Search all members trees"
Enter your own name with year and place and it will then give all the trees in which you appear,except the account that you are using.
Should there be another account click "find out more" and it will give you your old account number.
Thelma

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 20 Jun 2013 08:33

Alice If you haven't deleted your original tree then it means you have registered twice using the same email - or a password change has created two trees.

Happened to me when I first started. Chose the later tree but had to copy over some of the stuff before the tree was deleted

Don't worry your old tree will still be there.

Stuff on help which might be of some use to you

"If you still have the same email address that you registered with but can't remember your password, you can visit the password reset page. On this page you can request a password reset link which will be instantly sent to you by email.

Please click on the link in the email and you will be directed to a page where you will be able to reset your login details.

If you still can't sign in, please send your name, year and place of birth and the email address you registered with to our Customer Support team who will be happy to help you".

:-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Mar 2021 14:50

Did you get your tree sorted out? I am in the same boat, I was working on my tree and left it for a few years and when I logged in it has disappeared

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Mar 2021 19:05

You need to contact genes via [email protected].

Don’t expect a quick response.

Alice is no longer a member. Hope you have read through the advice she was given just to see if any of it would help you while you are waiting.