Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHANGE THE EMAIL SENT TO RENEWING SUBSCRIBERS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Aug 2013 22:46

I renewed my subscription on August 9, and received an email that i consider very insulting to a long term member/

May I suggest that "the team" develop two different standard emails to be sent out ............... one for new members, and one for renewing subscribers.

This "one size fits all" is not at all suitable

FYI ............. it was very easy to see that I was not a new member, as the amount charged is no longer available!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Aug 2013 22:47

This is the email I received ....................

Thank you Sylvia ,

Your membership to Genes Reunited has been renewed for you as requested.

Your receipt reference:

You have been billed xxxxxxx for a 12 month Standard membership.

It's easy to get started on your family history:

Getting started

If you haven't already, add as many relatives as you know about to your family tree – grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles and great-grandparents if you know their names. It doesn't matter if you don't know much information about them yet as you can fill that in later. Don't forget to ask any living relatives you have about their memories of people in your family.

Start searching

Now you've got your tree growing nicely it's time to search for your relatives in over million trees on Genes Reunited. Search for your relatives – it's easiest to start with the furthest back relative you know about. A search on Genes Reunited looks through over million names added by other members to link your trees.

Don't be shy – send a message

When your search shows a possible match for one of your relatives … send a message. Your message will be sent through the site to the person who added this relative to their family tree. (Remember we never reveal your email address and your privacy is guaranteed). By sending messages you can find a connection to another family tree overnight. Then you can share information on your families and discover new ancestors. Many of our members have large family trees with over 100 people in them – so you could add huge branches to your family tree in minutes! And connecting with a real person means that you can share memories and photos that really bring your memories to life.

Share Trees

If you've found a connection with another tree on Genes Reunited, don't forget to share trees in Your Message Centre. This lets you quickly spot where your tree links with others on Genes Reunited and work out how you are related to your new contact.

Tip: Make sure we can always pass on messages from your potential relations. Add [email protected] to your address book or email approved list. If you don't your spam filter could stop messages getting through.

Your membership is currently set to Continuous. This means after the initial upgraded membership period, we will automatically extend your membership for the same period, to ensure uninterrupted service. We'll remind you of this nearer the time by email or you can change this at any time on the My Account page when you sign into Genes Reunited.

Good luck with tracing your family tree. We hope to see you very soon on Genes Reunited

---------------------