Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Abilty to print tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnJ

JohnJ Report 24 Dec 2013 11:11

Hi - I have repeatedly tried to print - page at a time - from my tree and all I get the is the message that the file is too big for my printer to process Happy to print as a series of screen dumps and then paste - but I cannot do this. How do I print the current screen as I can in all other programs I use - or are we awaiting a sooper dooper addition somewhere to enable this to happen within the Genes programme?

Keith

Keith Report 25 Dec 2013 13:26

Hello and a Very Merry Christmas. I use a free utility which allows me to print the screen in Portrait or Landscape. Have a look at www.printdesktop.com
Keith.

JohnJ

JohnJ Report 25 Dec 2013 19:44

And a very happy whats left of the BIG DAY to you also

Many thanks for advice. I will hie over and have a shufti at the printing proggie ... I use Mozilla FireFox and Ububtu Linux rather than Bill Gates' virus catchers ... so ... It may not be possible ... we will see!

Thanks once again

John

Joy

Joy Report 27 Dec 2013 21:42

I would recommend

http://www.genealogyprinters.com/

JohnJ

JohnJ Report 28 Dec 2013 10:06

As before - all the best to you and yours for what is left of the festive season

More importantly - as in my reply to Keith - I use Linux rather than Windows and this somewhat limits the proggies that are out there for me to be able to use - I will, however give this one a try - and thank you for your reply to my crie-de-coeur

Sorry to be unable to help in the matter of the family names you detail - I have lead a very sheltered life for the last 70 odd years and ... the areas you refer to are, to the best of my knowledge and recollection unknown to me or miy family - heathen lands beyond our pale!!

Kindest regards

John

jax

jax Report 28 Dec 2013 12:51

William

The names and places in Joys post are not directed at you they appear on every single one of her 25k posts

Same as the counties mentioned in my post, they are just things you can add if you so wish