Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

linda

linda Report 16 Mar 2014 03:50

Would be very useful to know the parents names of our search subjects. I know that marriage documents have such details.

Graham

Graham Report 16 Mar 2014 08:30

Welcome to Genes Reunited Linda :-)
If you're new to family research, you might want to browse through the help section. Just click on "help" at the top. If you need any further help from willing members, you can always ask on the boards "Find Ancestors" & "Find Living Relatives".
Have fun :-)

jax

jax Report 16 Mar 2014 14:12

Welcome to the boards Linda

Are you suggesting that Genes purchase every single marriage cert to add these details....although English/Welsh marriage certs only name the father if known.

You can find the full marriage details for some marriages on the parish registers and also baptisms will tell you a lot if you can find them

Also if you are looking for Birth marriages and deaths from 1837 - approx. 1970 use this site

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Genes marriage records pre 1912 are no help to anyone

linda

linda Report 16 Mar 2014 15:20

Neither did mine travel much...or register!!

jax

jax Report 16 Mar 2014 15:23

Linda

You are reading my researching box.....which comes up after every single post I make....not to be taken seriously

linda

linda Report 16 Mar 2014 16:02

So sorry,I've a lot to learn!