Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A possible second Family Tree on Genes Reunited?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 26 Aug 2014 15:46

About 1995, I made contact with the LATE Richard Stephen Body (1904 - 1997), about his Body Ancestors. Richard, who was known as "Dick", had traced his Ancestors back to his Gx2 Grandfather, John Body (circa 1774 - 29 August 1850), who was probably Born, in SUSSEX. However, "Dick" was convinced that his earlier Body Ancestors were probably Cornish. Unfortunately, "Dick" was never able to prove that his earlier Body Ancestors were Cornish. "Dick" had prepared a very comprehensive Family Tree, giving many of the Descendants of his Gx2 Grandfather; including himself and many of his Relatives.
Is it possible for me to start a second Family Tree, on Genes Reunited, for "Dick" Body's Family Tree, in the hope that other Researchers will contact me about them?
Regards
Michael Body

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Aug 2014 17:22

Of course it is!!!

Just not on the same membership that you currently have ....... although GR staff say they are working on this possibility.

At the moment, you have to take out a FREE membership, using another email address, account name and password.

The Free membership allows you to build a tree, look at posts on the Boards, and respond to members who contact you.

A Free member cannot initiate contact with other members

Many people have several trees, each with a separate account.

Most people take out an email address with one of the free sites ................. eg, hotmail, gmail, etc

Good luck!