Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I suggest that GR ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Apr 2015 22:13

should have been represented with a stand at WDYTYA, now on in Birmingham

The fact that you are not implies that GR is being wound down ...........

If so, members deserve to be told

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 17 Apr 2015 17:59

Probably gearing up for the things we have thought they would do some years ago

merging with

Find My Past

and judging by the problems regularly talked about on FaceBook, will be a step in the wrong direction.

So glad I no longer have FMP, only basic on here. . :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Apr 2015 18:14

DC

same here :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2015 20:11

It is now apparent that GR did NOT have a stand at WDYTYA, and the suggestion has been made that the reason could be that they did not have enough staff to man both FMP stand and their 1939 registrations cafe as well as a GR stand

Personally, I think it a disgrace that one of the top 4 Family History sites in England (if not the UK), according to the Competitions Board in 2009/10 did not have a stand at the biggest Family History Exhibition of the year.

It is also another piece of evidence to add to the file that GR is being run down and ignored ............... despite promises made in 2009/10

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 19 Apr 2015 21:24

It is so hard to run a website and find clothes for dressing up in!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Apr 2015 00:38

:-D :-D