Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More than one tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Siobhan

Siobhan Report 26 Jul 2015 13:35

can anyone help i have one tree with over 1000 relatives on, but now i would like to make smaller trees so i can get them printed off. i want to print off different parts of the family tree i don't the whole thing all at once!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Jul 2015 16:50

Siobhan ...

I don't know how to help you ........... but there are members who can.

It would be better to post your question on the Genealogy Chat Board as that is where you will find members to help.

May I suggest that you delete this thread once you have started a new thread on Genealogy Chat, then people will not get confused.

This Suggestions Board is for suggestions to GR to improve the site.

Siobhan

Siobhan Report 2 Sep 2015 15:42

Thanks

Caldervale

Caldervale Report 8 May 2016 21:21

I have the same problem. Tree too large for printer to handle it all in one go.
That was the message received when making attempt to print the tree. Have printed part of it for own use. Not exactly a satisfactory solution where the whole tree is the desired result. The piece of own tree shows myself at the front and fans out to the rear with own parents, then their parents (my grandparents) and finally the grandparents parents all eight of them .Does not cover all of foolscap paper.
There's me at the front on my own, no wife, no issue no grandchildren.
At least it is saving ink. Genes Reunited will print a tree for you but I have not accepted their offer. On the other hand, I , like many have over the thousand members, the wife's side is included, and the amount of paper would extend to the ginormous. Put that in a frame and hang it up!! However it does not stop me from
pursuing the hobby & pastimes. Gardening, painting in water colours, plus a bit of photography. Often wonder how I found time to be fully employed. Redundant from
1988 according to my previous employer. 1941 - 1988.

Caldervale

Caldervale Report 8 May 2016 21:29

Just thought of using the profile in a sort of fun "Guess where" competition.
Before you ask no prize for correct answer. Pure fun. No clues either!!! :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 15 May 2016 11:05

It doesn't seem likely that GR will allow multiple trees in the near future nor are they likely to implement improvements to the tree printing facilities.

I would recommend getting a family tree program on your PC. Make sure it has good printing facilities first. Then export your tree as a GEDCOM, import that into the family tree program and maintain that as your master. You can then occasionally produce a GEDCOM from it and import that into your GR tree.

Note that this board is not read very frequently by members. Questions like this are better on the Genealogy Chat board (or even General Chat).