Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MEMORIAL BOARD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Oct 2015 12:03

There is some controversy on the General Chat board about how long threads regarding recently deceased members are kept for.

May I suggest that a Memorial or 'In Memoriam' board is offered to current members who wish to remember dearly loved friends from their time on here. This would then provide a place of comfort for those who wish to add thoughts or prayers on anniversaries or special occasions.

This would also serve to keep the other boards for their original purpose.

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 7 Oct 2015 14:10

once again - I - 2nd this request on this thread too

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Oct 2015 14:39

Give it a lot of consideration please as your members
would appreciate a Memorial Board.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Oct 2015 18:59

Yes, I too would like to see a Memorial Board, so that we can remember lost GR members that have meant a lot to us all.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Oct 2015 20:21

A memorial board would be very respectful for our friends on GR that have passed. Some of them were members on here for years and all lovely people and very much missed.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Oct 2015 21:01

Agree with all the above please give this suggestion serious consideration, thank you.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Oct 2015 23:06

GR - please listen to your paying customers. Many of us would appreciate a dedicated board.

Gone but not forgotten.

Joy

Joy Report 8 Oct 2015 14:17

Seconded, too.

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Oct 2015 15:29

A sensible idea.

But I'm in no particular rush to witness my own name amongst the deceased list. ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Oct 2015 18:12

And a reminder for GR