Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canada search for RODASKA Mark c1924

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 21 Jul 2011 15:13

I am trying to find family of Mark RODASKA. He married Winifred Cowling (born 1924 Hunslet) in 1946 at Hove in the south of England. Winifred travelled from Southampton to Halifax Canada in 1947. This is where I lose track of them. I am thinking Mark Rodaska could have been a serviceman (I don' have their marrage cert) who returned to Canada and his wife Winifred followed him. I could of course always be wrong.

Given their possible ages I hope to find them alive or perhaps find their children who I have no idea even existed.

Can anyone help with how/where I should go with this research? I have tried Canada 411 and also telephoned a Canadian number with no luck.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Pat

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 21 Jul 2011 16:48

you have a thread about this already

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1274259

the same members read all boards and the chance of a related person seeing your post is virtually nil so there is no need to duplicate and in fact it is against the rules ... since the only thing likely to happen here is that people will research the same information as was done in the other thread

the unfortunate fact is that it is very difficult to research people in Canada ( or Australia or the USA ... ) in the 20th century because of privacy rules that prevent access to personal information

please stick to your existing thread, thank you

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2011 19:56

Whichever way you look at this you are going to need the marriage cert.

First to confirm it is the correct Winifred Cowling

Second to find out the age and occupation of Mark

Patricia

Patricia Report 22 Jul 2011 05:15

Thankyou Ladies,

Can certificates be ordered through GR? Previously I hae ordered themthrough an agent in London who has posted them to me here in Australia.

Pat

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 22 Jul 2011 05:32

there is only one place to order certificates to avoid being ripped off as you most likely were by an 'agent' if it was a commercial agent

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

you will return to your original thread to reply there ?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 22 Jul 2011 07:57

Winifred's sister found ...............Contact data sent

Patricia

Patricia Report 22 Jul 2011 11:23

Thankyou everyone for your help which is very much appreciated

Pat

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 22 Jul 2011 11:44

Of course. come back to this thread,
on the off chance that Winifred's sister does not know.

:-)

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Oct 2012 14:44

Hi,

I am still in search of Mark Michael Rodaska and Winifred Margarite Cowling. I have their Marriage certificate. They wre married in Registry Office at Hove in the County of East Sussex in 1946. This is how I have their full names. They are both stated as 22years of age, Mark is in the R.C.E.M.E and states his home address in Montreal Canada.

Does anyone know how I can go about checking of possible children in Canada or for possible deaths?

Thankyou

:-S :-S

Patricia

Patricia Report 8 Oct 2012 13:19

nudge

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Oct 2012 15:41

not picking him up but there's a D Rodaska on Canadian Phone and addresses.

Will PM as it gives and address and tel nos

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Oct 2012 18:35

A Michael Rodaska appears on 1945 and 1949 electoral rolls in Quebec. Perhaps he went by his middle name?

The only other Rodaska is Daniel.

I suppose there's always the chance the name was Anglicized after the war.

Rose

Patricia

Patricia Report 9 Oct 2012 03:18

Shirley, A BIG THANKYOU for that information. I will try contacting that person. Do you mind telling me how you found this?

Rose, Thankyou also. Mark Michael was also his Fathers name. Can you tell me the relationship between these people on the electoral rolls? How do you get access to this electrol rolls?

I live in Western Australia. Thanks again ladies

Pat

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 9 Oct 2012 06:36

So do we assume Winifred's sister was no help then

JULY 2011

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Oct 2012 10:21

Patricia

i have world wide Ancestry subs so picked it up from there

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Oct 2012 05:28

Kingsmill,

If has been wonderful for me to be in contact with her sister, however for some long ago reason the two sisters are astranged. Would have been nice but it is not to be.

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Oct 2012 05:28

Kingsmill,

If has been wonderful for me to be in contact with her sister, however for some long ago reason the two sisters are astranged. Would have been nice but it is not to be.

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Oct 2012 05:44

Shirley,

I often wonder if World Wide Ancestry is the way to go? Although Tis is really the only link I am fullowing outside the UK.

Thanks for all your help

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Oct 2012 14:39

Just had another thought. Perhaps neither Winifred nor Mark are alive. Is it at all possible that someone could looks up Canadian Deaths for me? Then if that is the case I could get the death certificate/s.

Thankyou

Pat

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Oct 2012 10:13

Only the Rodaska info already posted comes up on Worldwide records for Canada