Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

which cemetery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 24 Dec 2014 15:02

hi
a relative died in 1992 in watham forest london does anybody know how can i find where he is buried ? i just assume he was buried wife died before him amd as far as i know no children

many thanks :-)

ps i do not live in the area so cannot go to local office when open again after xmas

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Dec 2014 15:15

Google for possible cemeteries in the area...and compare their locations with the address on the death cert.

Contact the nearest one giving his full details, including actual date of death

Was his wife buried?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Dec 2014 15:25

To aid your search........it's actually Waltham Forest. Might help when googling

Gillian

Gillian Report 24 Dec 2014 15:37

hi jacqueline

i meant waltham forest just mis spelt name

google waltham forest cemeteries and email one with details and just hope they will get back in the new year?

no details on wife unfortunatly re burial
many thanks for your help

happy xmas and new year

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Dec 2014 15:58

Try deceaesed online it may cover the area

https://www.deceasedonline.com

You get a free search so don't have to pay upfront

Gillian

Gillian Report 24 Dec 2014 19:07

hi
thanks for that shirley
found old relatives on this site but no trace of henry tried just surname but no luck thanks again
i will print out what i have found

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Dec 2014 08:03

You could try the Parks and Cemeteries dept of the local council giving them the details from the death cert

There's always the possibility too that your relative was cremated but they will have that info as crematoria are run by the council

I have had luck going on this route for some of my relatives who died in the greenwich area of London

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Dec 2014 08:50

hi shirley
will try that route
bye for now

Ru

Ru Report 25 Dec 2014 16:29

You could try Funeral Directors in that area and a phone call could establish who handled the burial.

They could then direct you to the Cemetery or help you further on this.

Worth a try and saves the legs!!

Good luck.

Sappho

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Dec 2014 17:22

hi sappho
will try many thanks

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

jax

jax Report 26 Dec 2014 02:45

My grandparents on both sides lived in Walthamstow.... Two were buried in Queens Road cemetery and the other two were cremated at the city of London crematorium in Wanstead

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 26 Dec 2014 15:59

Another option would be to contact the relevant main library of where he lived / died to see is the death was announced in the local newspaper,if it was it could show the actual place of burial / cremation.

The staff at the libraries are usually very helpful with look ups but there is likely to be a charge for doing so, the more information you can give (name,date etc) would narrow the search time!

Joan.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 26 Dec 2014 17:36

I also had a relation died in Walthamstow but cremated in Enfield

Janet

Janet Report 28 Dec 2014 10:27

My grandparents ( died 70's and 80's) lived in Walthamstow and they are both in City of London as mentioned by Jax. The earlier generations are in Queens Road cemetery

there is an on line book of remembrance for City of London if by any chance you know roughly what date they died or sometimes their birthday?

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/green-spaces/cemetery-and-crematorium/about-us/Pages/Book-of-remembrance.aspx

you might find them on there?

Jan

Janet

Janet Report 28 Dec 2014 10:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1346725

if this relates to the same man, then would the funeral etc not have been undertaken by the local council if they couldn't find relatives at that time? they must know the details if you can find the right department.

Jan