Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anybody got access to 'Online Project by EoLFHS?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 29 Jun 2016 10:45

Hi
Does anybody have access to The East of London Family History Society -Online Projects?

I'm interested in all of Newham records.

I currently have an expiring Essex Online subscription. I am willing to do look ups if anyone can help.

Kind regards,

Angela Reid

Gee

Gee Report 29 Jun 2016 18:34

Some of the records held by EoLFHS may be available on Ancestry and Find Past

If you posted the record(s) that you are looking for, someone may be able to help

Failing that, it's only £15 for a UK annual subscription

Angela

Angela Report 29 Jun 2016 21:05

Hi Gins,
Are you a member of EoLFHS?
I tried to join online this morning, but need some help. Have sent messages to EoLFHS but nobody has replied back.

To join online it sends you to Genfair.

When I go to purchase.... it has a box that says: Please don't forget to enter your membership number in the box.

I don't have a membership no. How do I get one?
I'm registered with Genfair, but that doesn't seem to have a registration no.

Any ideas of what I should do?

Angela

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 29 Jun 2016 21:59

I have just had a look at the site and I think I would click the other option and "Join by Post". It looks as though doing it that way you only join EoLFHS and not The Genealogist, which is what GenFair is part of.

Gee

Gee Report 1 Jul 2016 09:27

When you click on the 'join' button, it takes you to the page c/p below. I entered the ref No EOL-MEM-UK and it took me to the next step. I didn't complete the next stage but you could give it a try using the ref number

Membership & Renewal(UK)

£ 15.00
Free P&P!

Membership of East of London FHS (UK)
You will receive our Cockney Ancestor four times a year in the post.
Access to our members area on our website
Please don't forget to enter your membership number in the box.

Supplied by: East of London Family History Society
Format: Membership
Ref: EOL-MEM-UK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No, I'm not a member so don't know if the above the will work

Angela

Angela Report 1 Jul 2016 11:26

Hi Guys,
Yesterday I purchased online membership with EoLFHS. Just waiting on an e-mail from them with my membership number etc. Apparently it can take up to 10 days. (shown on GENfair receipt, because they rely on volunteers)

Membership Secretary of EoLFHS, got back to me yesterday morning.... and after reading her message I completed the transaction.

She said: Just ignore the box asking for membership number as this is for members who are renewing their membership and already have a number. I will send you your membership number as soon as Gen Fair confirm payment has been made. If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Now I'm just waiting. Hopefully I will get my membership number soon.

Thank you for all your help.

I will update this post as soon as I get my membership No. I'm curious as to how long it will take. This will help anyone else who plans to join in the future.

Angela

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2016 21:12

Hi Guys,
Received my membership no. on Sunday 3rd July.
Received an e-mail with instruction on how to navigate through site.
Was told to click on 'request discussion group invitation' and fill in boxes.. (Need email address and membership no.) moments later request approved.

I had trouble accessing Members' Private Discussion Group which is part of google groups.

I assumed you needed a google e-mail address to use google Members' Private Discussion Group - Not so. On clicking Members' Private Discussion Group google offers to create an account using your current e-mail address. I filled in the details and crossed my fingers. To my surprise I now have access to Members' Private Discussion Group where I can now view various transcribed Baptism records.

Life would have been less stressful if I could have spoken to a human being.

On reflection on receiving membership no. and instructions....... a short explanation of how to access The Members' Private Discussion Group would help EoLFHS newbies.

I got there in the end.

Angela