Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

keepsafe and Saved

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 18 Apr 2014 15:40

When I go to my keepsafe or saved sections I am having to use credits if I want to see the Items again . Is this correct ? I thought that once they were saved I did not have to pay again

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Apr 2014 16:25

I'm not 100% certain but pretty sure that once you have paid for a record you shouldn't have to pay again.

I would get in touch with GR and ask them to sort it out for you.

Kath. x

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 18 Apr 2014 17:02

Thanks .I will check .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2014 20:41

I've a suspicion that the records you paid-to-view are only accessible for a certain number of days/weeks.

You could always download them to your computer, then upload them to your keepsafe. That way they are yours forever.

See what GR say - [email protected]
As its a Bank Holiday weekend, don't expect a quick reply

Alternatively, if you are a Facebook user, you might get a faster reply by posting on the Genesreunited page

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Apr 2014 22:54

Having checked under "pay per view" at the top of the screen it seems that if you bought credits that are valid for 30 days then anything you viewed you have access to for 30 days and if you bought credits that are valid for 90 days then what you purchase is accessible for 90 days. Seems a bit harsh to me but it's there in the terms unfortunately.

Kath. x

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 19 Apr 2014 18:37

O.k thanks again