Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winter/Hovenden

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edward

Edward Report 4 Oct 2014 22:52

Does anyone have information on either of these families, anywhere, at any time, but particularly in the Freemount/Shandrum area of north Cork (Ireland) in the 18th century?

patchem

patchem Report 4 Oct 2014 23:44

Have you looked to see if anyone has either of these families in the 18th century in their trees on here, and then attempted to make contact with the tree owner?

It is more efficient for you to go out looking for contacts, not wait on the off-chance that someone may read your message many years later.

Have you put them in your tree on here?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Oct 2014 00:12

Edward .........................

I once estimated that less than 1% of the members actually look at the Boards

so your chances of someone just passing by are pretty slim

as patchem said .................. far better to look under Search to the right on the top line above

Click on Search Trees, post the name (each will have to be done individually) , and see if any member has them in their tree

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Oct 2014 11:03

Name: Thomas Reaney
Birth Date: 1846
Spouse's Name: Ellen Hovenden
Spouse's Birth Date: 1846
Spouse's Age: 22
Event Date: 05 May 1868
Event Place: St Annes Shandon, Cork, Ireland
Father's Name: Maurice Reaney
Spouse's Father's Name: Thomas Hovenden
Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M70239-9 , System Origin: Ireland-EASy , GS Film number: 101529 , Reference ID: 56

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Oct 2014 11:04

Name: Susan Hoveden
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 1870
Event Place: Cork, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year: 1870
Registration District: Cork Shandon
Birth Year (Estimated): 1795
Volume Number: 5
Page Number: 132
GS Film number: 101585 , Digital Folder Number: 004200217 , Image Number: 00119

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Oct 2014 17:26

Hello Edward and welcome to the Community boards.

(I'll let Edward know how to find his replies) :-)

Edward

Edward Report 5 Oct 2014 20:29

Hi Cynthia. Thank you....to you, Patchem, Sylvia. I'll be in touch with Ann. Thanks again folks!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Oct 2014 21:53

hi Edward, Ann doesn't really know of your families, she and others just use research skills and resources to find info that may be useful :-)

your best bet is to continue your query here in the thread and not by private message if that was what you were considering (and I know Ann would appreciate it if you kept it in the thread ... see her 'researching' line!)

that way anyone who might help can see what your questions are and what information anyone might be able to find for you

... as long as you give specifics of names and dates and places you want help investigating

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Oct 2014 10:19

Hi Edward - as JC says - I have no connecton with your families :-)