Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Blackpool Look Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tuula

Tuula Report 24 Oct 2014 10:44

Hi I am looking for someone to check some Blackpool records for me.

If anyone is going to the library or local records office would appreciate some help.

Thanks Tuula

Potty

Potty Report 24 Oct 2014 12:20

What sort of records are you looking for? Lance bmd and Lancsopc sites have free sites

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Oct 2014 15:39

The Lancs Records Office is in Preston

Tuula

Tuula Report 24 Oct 2014 16:30

Hi thanks for replies. I am looking for 3 individuals with the same surname living at an adress in Blackpool. They are all on the 1961/62 electoral roll
I don't know how they are related and was hoping someone could check the rolls before and after this date for any clues.

Tuula

jax

jax Report 24 Oct 2014 17:00

The electoral roll will not give relationship....can you not give the names or have you looked to see if there was a marriage between two of them

Tuula

Tuula Report 24 Oct 2014 17:17

It's a sticky subject so I haven't listed the names but happy to PM if someone would like a challenge. I know electoral roll don't list relationships but I was hoping that if they had lived at the address a while that it might show a pattern that one was a child.

I have researched myself and am stumped!

Tuula

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Oct 2014 21:00

To appear on the 1961/62 ER, the 'child' would have had to have been at least 21. ;-)

Have you tried looking for a relevant birth or marriage?

Tuula

Tuula Report 25 Oct 2014 07:54

Hi thanks for that. I didn't know it would mean 21 I assumed 18 so that helps me.
I have tried searching for marriages but haven't come up with anything. That could be a fail on my part though.