Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census search by address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 8 Nov 2014 13:58

Is it possible to search the 1891 and 1901 census by address only, if so how can this be done.

Regards Maurice.

Potty

Potty Report 8 Nov 2014 15:02

If you mean the England and Wales census, I believe it can be done on FMP. I would offer to help but it is playing up at the moment, but it does have free access this weekend.

Maurice

Maurice Report 8 Nov 2014 15:59

Thank you Potty, i will check that out.

Best wishes
Maurice.

mgnv

mgnv Report 10 Nov 2014 22:56

Anyone can search FMP for free - here's an 1891 search for Sepulchre Lane, Kendal.
I can't seem to get the house numbers to work, so here's the oldest woman on the street.

Last name First name Born Died Event Record set Location
Medcalf Sarah 1813 — 1891 1891 etc Kendal or Kirkby Kendal, Kendal, Westmorland, England

I can't see more than this without an FMP sub, but I can search 1891 Ancestry for Sarah - just one hit:

View Record Name Parent or spouse names Birth Year Birthplace Relation Residence View Image
View Record Sarah Medcalf abt 1813 city, Westmorland, England relation city, Westmorland

I can't see more without an Ancestry sub, but if you've got one of those, you could look at Sarah's image, and page up and down the street.

Maurice

Maurice Report 12 Nov 2014 19:05

Thank you MGNV , sorry i missed your reply

Best wishes
Maurice..