Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank You Jean

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 11 Nov 2014 15:36

Big thank you to Jean for going to the National Archives to do a lookup for me. Your kindness in photocopying the records and posting them to me is so much appreciated.

You have made my day as I love having all the extra detail to add to my tree. It's great to have more than just the BMD details about our ancestors. Physical descriptions and character references are always a welcome bonus.

Thank you so much Jean and I will look forward to meeting you when next you venture to my home city and that of your ancestors.

Jean

Jean Report 12 Nov 2014 09:45

Aww, thanks for this rootgatherer,

As I said it was my pleasure .
And yes we will have to meet up , I can't wait to come back to Glasgow .

When I was there last year I walked along the streets my ancestors lived and worked, very surreal and quite moving.

Can I just add if there are any other members who would like a look up at the NA I am more than willing to go, but not too many ( joking ).