Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Online?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2015 19:56

hello,

is there a way to see when a user was last online because i feel like i am messaging someone where i may be wasting my time.

Thanks guys
Chris

Andrew

Andrew Report 14 Jan 2015 20:01

Sadly no. its not possible. All you can do is send a message and hope for a reply. You can check to see if the message has been opened by the envelope symbol in your message list.

Andy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jan 2015 20:04

Welcome to the boards Chris

Don't think so. You could always check your 'sent message' box. Unread messages have an envelope icon next to them which disappears when accessed.

Some people only use the site occassionally - you may get a reply in a few months time.

As GR never delete apparent dormant accounts, the owners of any number of them may have died, be too ill to access the internet, changed their email address, or just lost interest.

Don't give up - you may get a reply or even receive first contact from someone else :-)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Jan 2015 16:58

I'll let Chris know how to find his replies :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2015 17:01

Ah,

Sorry folks!

Thank you all very much for the replies, here is hoping we get a reply to the messages.

As for my tree deletion, it has still not been deleted. Waiting to upload a new tree...

Graham

Graham Report 15 Jan 2015 17:47

I've had people reply to messages that I had sent over 2 years before. So it pays to be patient.

A few people have recently said they are having problems deleting their tree. If it's a fairly small tree you could try deleting the people on it one by one. It might be a painstaking affair for a large tree though.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jan 2015 19:11

You don't need to delete your tree. Just upload your replacement gedcom and it will overwrite the original.

Obviously, if you want to keep the original on your home PC, that's a different matter. Contact GR for assistance - there was a problem over the holiday period which they implied had been fixed. They might need to replace the gaffer-tape ;-)

[email protected]