Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Money well spent - Subscription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 26 Jan 2015 11:19

All I can say is I renewed my subscription to Genes on Dec 6th and today I can say the result has been amazing in such a short time.

I am very happy today!!!!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jan 2015 13:43

It's quite refreshing to read positive comments about this site. :-D,

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Jan 2015 13:47

Yes but it is only money well spent because of the help given by members

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 26 Jan 2015 13:57

Wonders, how much of that help/info came from Ancestry!!

Fiona

Fiona Report 26 Jan 2015 14:29

Actually what I have found in the last 24 hrs has come about because an individual joined this site. A find I will never forget. Truly made my 2015!!!

jax

jax Report 26 Jan 2015 17:02

So you mean by contacting someone who had a tree on here

Fiona

Fiona Report 27 Jan 2015 00:26

no tree, just the person being here is all it took. nothing to do with ancestry either

jax

jax Report 27 Jan 2015 10:26

If they were here they had a tree, even if it only had themself in it

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Jan 2015 10:50

You have missed my point.

When I had a tree on here, I did ALL my research via free sites and Ancestry.

Just because there is a tree on here, that does nor mean all the research was done here, and remember many people have been members ftom long before any records were available through Genes!

Fiona

Fiona Report 27 Jan 2015 12:29

I understand. ok this is what happened. I have been searching for someone for a long time. I renewed by subscription here on Dec 6.once again did a search with the name I had of them. the name came up, I sent a message to them and they responded and yes they are who I have been searching for.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2015 14:54

The site is named Genes Reunited - in this case it worked! Let's all remember that the original purpose was to connect with people with the same linage. Wasn't it first called Genes Connections? :-D

Fiona

Fiona Report 27 Jan 2015 17:56

Thank you DetEcTive for your positivity.

For all your information: I have been researching my family since 2004 maybe even before that. I joined Genes using this profile in 2004. I have alot of information which I have found, or others have assisted with and I have spent many a day at the National Archives in Kew and have been to a few FH fairs too. I am also a member of other Genealogy sites and yes I have used Ancestry. I have even travelled many miles to visit areas where my ancestors lived and and were buried.

I have not done any research for about 3 years. The recent deaths (in the last 2 months) of my last remaining Grandparent and his wife, my Step Grandmother bought me to renewing on Genes.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever find this relation having searched for the last 10 years or so, but I did.

I did not post my news to be questioned about where or how I found them.

I posted to share my happiness with you all.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 27 Jan 2015 19:17

Fi,

Good to see you posting again! Long time since we discussed Port Sunlight.

Happy to know you have made some new discoveries.

Elisabeth

Fiona

Fiona Report 27 Jan 2015 19:34

ty Elisabeth