Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Conway cemetary office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val23

Val23 Report 3 Mar 2015 15:31

Does anyone live near Conway cemetery that would be willing to make a trip to the office for me. I rang them to ask if they could give me directions to find the grave where my Gt gt grandfather is buried. They rang back and said it was difficult to describe, and that it would be best if I called into the office to look at the old maps myself.
I have previously had directions from them for a grave in the same cemetery which was great. I am hoping to make a trip down there to visit the graves but the office is not open at weekends.

The grave I am trying to locate is grave number 159 in the unconsecrated section of Erw Feiriol cemetery in Llanfairfechan. I believe there is no headstone on it but it is the grave of Hugh Jones who was buried 17 Sep 1890.
Thank you.
Valerie

Libby

Libby Report 3 Mar 2015 23:15

Hi Val,

I live in Conwy, not far from Lanfairfechan., I will ask my son to drive me there on Saturday. Will get back to you with directions for the grave.

The cemetery looks quite small, so it shouldn't be too difficult

Val23

Val23 Report 4 Mar 2015 12:06

Hi Libby,

Thanks very much for your offer of help. Is the office open on Saturdays?
I think they are only open Mon to Fri. I will try to find out.

Thankyou

Val

Val23

Val23 Report 4 Mar 2015 12:18

Libby,

I have just spoken to the lady in the office. The office is on Glan y Wern Road, Mochdre, Conwy. They are open until 4.30 M-Thu and until 4.00 on Fridays. So if you could do it I would be very grateful. The lady said could you give them a ring before you go, so they could get the map out. 01492 577730.

Thank you

Val

Libby

Libby Report 4 Mar 2015 17:39

Hi Val,

I am in work Monday to Friday so can not get to Mochdre but I have Googled the cemetery and there is a satellite photo and it doesn't look very big.

I finish work early on Friday so will try and phone them before they finish, even if they can give me rough directions.

The cemetery is quite old so I will enjoy having a good mooch around.

Libby

Val23

Val23 Report 4 Mar 2015 20:51

Hi Libby,

Ok, thanks. As I said in my first post I have been told there is no headstone as far as they know. Happy mooching....lol.

Val