Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genealogy Book

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christina

Christina Report 29 Apr 2015 02:02

Hello to you,

I hope everyone is well & planning those many weekend BBQ get togethers for the months ahead.

So apparently around 1985 an American pair of avid researchers visited my family (Grandmother & Grandfather) who put them up for around a month I believe. Whilst here they travelled to various other locations gathering genealogical information with the intend of collating into a book of their family history. Which just so happens to be half of mine I'm led to believe.

Only I don't have any information other than the resulting book of Mansfield family history which very much exists as a copy in possession of one of someone in the family. Unfortunately because of the time lapsed nobody remembers who has the book for sure, what it's called or who the pair of Americans were.

I'm told they were from Iowa USA..

Who knows how best to locate this book? I've tried & tried, searched the Web endlessly, contacted numerous publisher's & so to book sellers to no avail. I'm seriously lost now on what else I should do in finding it...

Please please please if anybody can perhaps advise or suggest, your voice is welcome right about now & thank you...

Somebody please help me???? :-D :-P

Regards

Christina Elizabeth Mansfield

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Apr 2015 07:13

Wonder though whether it was an actual published book. It may have been a book put together by them from a family tree program.

Have you tried search trees to see if anyone has the family .

You could try Facebook too to see if any mansfields are on there who live in the USA

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Apr 2015 09:03

Have you tried family search? They sometimes hold copies of out-of-print genoelogies and will reprint ( at a cost ). If a book was published, without a title it will be difficult to track down.

Christina

Christina Report 30 Apr 2015 00:03

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

+++DecEtTive+++

Thank you for replying guys really appreciate your input.

Didn't even think about Facebook so that's a definite next step... Family are pretty adamant it was a published book...

I'm going to msg every Mansfield on Facebook from surrounding states of Iowa & Iowa itself. Msg standard template of; "Hi looking for ancestors of the same name Surname, do you know if we could be related"? Or "please adopt me" hehe.. What would I say when messaging them? Shirley love your suggestion please advise me some more?

I'm led to believe the name is part of the title also but think I could just tricking myself into thinking this...... Mansfield... I don't know this is driving me mad....

What is 'family search'? Do you have a link I could perhaps use, if I don't have the name of the book is there anything that I could do/use to speed the search up?

Truly appreciate your help guy's... THANK YOU xXx
Best Wishes

Christina Mansfield aka Tina xxx :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Apr 2015 15:09

https://familysearch.org/search

Then click on Books. Enter your search criteria.

Christina

Christina Report 30 Apr 2015 19:56

Thank you will take a look see what I can find... :-) <3