Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Mistakes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

++Maid of Kent++

++Maid of Kent++ Report 5 Jan 2016 22:08

Hi, I have a specific family in my tree that I made a mistake with when entering names. In trying to rectify it there seems to be more mistakes. Can I get rid of this whole family and start again. Would be very grateful if someone can help me please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2016 23:29

Presumably you meant it is a small segment of a larger tree rather than deleting everything? If so, you have to delete from their children and spouses upwards until you reach the correct (original) person. Althernatively, work from the top downwards....which ever is the shortest route.

You could contact Support to see if they would help, but there may be a delay in their reply.

[email protected]

++Maid of Kent++

++Maid of Kent++ Report 5 Jan 2016 23:35

Thankyou for your reply. Yes, it is one family from GGG Grandparents down to grandchildren so quite a lot to delete, although it doesn't seem to want to delete them. I think I will do as you suggest and contact the support team. Many thanks.

Hugh

Hugh Report 31 Jan 2016 23:27

You will need to start from the bottom and work upwards. You won't be able to delete a person till all their children / descendants are deleted first.