Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 17 Jan 2016 17:09

looking for a Paul Adams born 1957 -- mother was Joyce Mann
They were from Leeds
Thanks
Julie

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2016 17:44

Do you have any other information about him please Julie? When were you last in contact? Have you searched All Member Trees (top right under Search)?
Is he an assumed father or some other relative? Although you've posted on Genealogy Chat, one would hope he is very much alive.

If he stayed in Leeds, there are 4 possible marriages, but obviously involves at least one other Paul Adams - 1984, 2 x 1988, and 2003.

Similarly, there are a total of 5 ER entries from 2002. Some may be for people who moved; some may their new addresses. On an educated guess, at least 2 x Paul Adams are involved.

You can search for them on
http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp
then check the name and postcode on 192.com to see when the addresses were current.

Does he have any siblings who may know where he is? Are his parents still alive? If deceased, he may have been the informant on their DC.

Edit - younger brother Kevin J 1962?

Julie

Julie Report 17 Jan 2016 20:02

Thanks for your reply
I have found out that my grandad -- [well my step grandad but he was around since before I was born } had a child before he married my grandma
All I know is that he was called Paul Adams, his mum was called Joyce Mann and they lived in Leeds - they never married
I have found his birth record for 1957
I havent had any contact -- it was my grandads brother that told me after my grandad had died
He gave me a photo of Paul and Joyce
Joyce gave Paul my grandads surname so she must have thought the relationship between them was quite stable __1957
BUT in 1963 my grandad married my grandma
There are a lot of Paul Adams as you say
He could have moved house or Joyce could have married and changed his name to her married name or she could have just changed his name to Mann when the relationsionship failed
It was a very long shot really
Thanks again
Julie