Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Familysearch, has it changed?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 30 Mar 2016 17:52

It used to be quick and simple to access the records on Familysearch but now it looks as if I have to sign up, or am I missing something?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2016 18:20

If you want to view the images of the original documents, you have to sign in.

But you just want to see the transcriptions, you don't have to.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Mar 2016 19:29

Brian

I just ignore the sign in, never have signed on with them in all the years I've been suing them, so I'm not about to start now.

The same way that I never download anything from that site on to my computer after a time some years ago when everyone got a nasty virus with whatever was downloaded.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2016 21:10

I'm the same as Sylvia - have never signed in, though I use it a lot, nor downloaded anything from the site, though not because of viruses.

But if you do want to download the images, you will have to sign in.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 31 Mar 2016 08:22

Sylvia - have you a story to tell us?

" ...all the years I've been suing them"

;-) ;-)

BrianW

BrianW Report 31 Mar 2016 08:23

I think part of the problem was that I was trying to go in using Windows XP, swapped over to Firefox and am now able to get results.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Mar 2016 20:53

uh oh!!

I didn't proof read before I posted :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 31 Mar 2016 21:59

We dyslexics must remain untied !

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Mar 2016 22:53

:-D :-D :-D