Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

clipboard

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 8 Jun 2016 13:53

afternoon all..

long time since ive used the clpiboard and cant remember how to do it correctly can anyone of you lovely people help please ..just done a seach and couldnt find anything either ..

ive clicked on the copy and have the person on clipboard but then cant remember how to put on my tree ..

thanks in advance

x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jun 2016 15:07

Although happy to be proved wrong, I don't think its worked for quite a while, Christine. :-(

Christine

Christine Report 8 Jun 2016 15:12

Thanks DetEcTive ..

i was just getting ready to throw the laptop out the window !!!

christine x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jun 2016 15:30

Its not worth it :-D

You could open GR in another window (not tab) and stack them side-by-side. it makes it easier to manually copy from one tree to your own.
Do remember to check for sources rather than blindly following someone elses research. No one is perfect; we can all make mistakes!