Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Webberley family USA sorted care of kind members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 22 Oct 2016 17:53

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone living in California/USA could help me find an address for a brother and sister both born in this area one in 1970 and one in 1973 as I hope they might have some information for me about this family. I was in touch with the daughter many years ago but she was then travelling around and said any papers she had were in storage and would contact me again which she did not.

I have tried looking on Facebook, Family Trees, Googling and many other sites but without any luck, I cannot find a marriage for the lady so hope she can be found still with the Webberley surname.

If anyone has any ideas perhaps they could send me a Private Message and I can give you the full details of their names, date of birth even parents (now deceased).

Thank you all very much

Lesley

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Oct 2016 18:06

Have you tried a search for 'Webberley California' on Facebook? There are only 3 showing, might be worth a try if nothing else turns up!
Jan

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 22 Oct 2016 18:44

Thanks for your idea, unfortunately none of these are the correct ones, neither can I see any connection to my family.

malyon

malyon Report 22 Oct 2016 20:22

is this them

Andrew C Webberley
California Birth Index
Name
Andrew C Webberley
Event Type
Birth
Event Date

Event Place
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mother's Name

Spahn

Ann C Webberley
California Birth Index
Name
Ann C Webberley
Event Type
Birth
Event Date

Event Place
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mother's Name
Spahn

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Oct 2016 21:56

If that's them, from a bit of Googling -

they both have the middle name Cameron.
Ann may live in Nashville, Tennessee, and Andrew in Burbank, California

Full details on paying a fee to one of many "people finder" type websites.
Just Google the names..

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 22 Oct 2016 22:00

Wonderful yes it is them will have to go on paid site to find out more, thanks

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Oct 2016 22:14

Actually, I meant Nashville, Indiana, not Nashville, Tennessee.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Oct 2016 22:18

Try this site:

http://www.usidentify.com/

They offer a three-day trial for 95 cents. Remember to cancel again!

EDIT:

found their addresses free of charge on another site - have PM'd.
Phone numbers require a $1 three-day trial sub.

malyon

malyon Report 22 Oct 2016 22:30

sent pm to leslie with possible adress

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 23 Oct 2016 12:20

Thanks to you all, now have addresses for both people so will be sending a sae envelope with letter to them and my email address and hope they can help me carry on with adding to my tree.

Lesley

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2016 20:09

Maureen - to protect Karen's privacy, please please remove the full details and send to Lesley by PM.
Consider how you'd feel if your name, address and phone number was posted on the boards. Would you be happy? Probably not.

Threads on GR are not private and can be read by all and sundry, even if they are not registered members. It is also mentioned on the sites T&C including the statement

"We advise that you never reveal via the Genes Reunited Service any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone numbers, home addresses or email addresses) which you do not want to be visible to third parties"
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/contents/legaltermsandconditions

That's why ArgyllGran & malyon sent the info they'd found by PM.

Maureen

Maureen Report 23 Oct 2016 20:33

All of the information I have posted is FREE to look at on line all you need to do is GOOGLE the name and the information is free to ALL

Previous post gave names and ages, there are also online Trees showing this family again Free for everyone to look at.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2016 20:55

That may be so, Maureen T McGreal, but I repeat, do you want your personal details posted on GR? Not just spread in bits and pieces over the internet, but all on the same UK site?
malyon should have known better to post the birth details. US sites seem to have a much more open approach than UK/Australian/Canadians do. However, this is a UK site.

You've obviously found some relevant details, and whilst no one would wish to discourage you from doing the same in the future, please do consider their privacy.

EDIT - you've since removed that particular post. Thank you. As suggested earlier, if you haven't already, send the info by PM

Maureen

Maureen Report 23 Oct 2016 21:05

YES "DETECTIVE" Maureen .T. MCGREAL is my name. don't see need for alias

As I said all information is free online for EVERYONE to view the "SITE" in USA is the Whitepages Telephone Directory the UK Directory will give the same info if you PAY to view.