Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Convict records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 27 Oct 2016 11:35

I recently researched an ancestor and discovered he had been transported to Australia.

During the research I found this website

http://www.convictrecords.com.au

and added his details. If anyone has someone in their tree you was sent to Australia, you could consider adding them to the database.

Andy

Inky1

Inky1 Report 27 Oct 2016 15:54

Thanks Andy,

The one transportee in my tree is in the database. But without any background info. I will look through what I have (crime, birth, marriage etc.) and add it.

Actually, he was given death. But commuted to life transportation. Old Bailey records indicate that many death sentences were not carried through.