Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP Unbelievable

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jan 2017 10:49

My membership runs out today and I checked that auto-renewal was switched off (I had done this straight after I joined last year)

And there it is, switched ON! So, I go through the motions of switching it off (several times) but no. When I get to section which asks 'are your sure you want to switch auto renewal off' no amount of clicks on the YES button work

So, I phoned FMP, they couldn't speak to me and directed me to live chat. Avoiding my question (on live chat) as to why it wouldn't allow me to turn it off, he eventually turned it off for me stating ' it is much easier for us if you can turn it off yourself'

What the.........................................

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2017 11:02

Where's the joined up thinking? If you couldn't do it, there's something wrong with the site. Support/live chat should tell IT. :-0

Lottiesgran

Lottiesgran Report 10 Jan 2017 15:02

Just checked mine as my subs run out in Feb and its switched on again, tried to switch it off but unable to
They are also asking £20 more this year

Christine.

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jan 2017 15:50

Exactly Det. I found him to be very condescending. After the 'chat' session you are asked if you were happy with the result and if not, fill in the feedback form.....I always do as I am told so was happy to help!

Yes Christine, they seem to switch it back to 'auto renew' AFTER the member has switched it off. I'm sure it must be a computer error :-|

safc

safc Report 10 Jan 2017 17:03

just checked mine tried to switch off but can't, only renewed 3 months ago i asked for a 25% discount other wise i would not renew, gave me the 25% discount straight away.

i,ll keep checking to see if i can switch off auto renew, if i can,t then it will be a new bank debit card. that will stop them :-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Jan 2017 18:20

Mine is on auto renew OFF - checked today having seen this thread - and that's the way I had left it after last year's renewal.

Phoned to ask what was the position re cost of renewal if it remained off and it would have been full price. So have switched back on as I wish to continue membership and will therefore get the 25% discount. Will switch off again once renewed on 16th.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 10 Jan 2017 20:32

Because I'd had a World subscription last year and only wanted this country's records when I renewed I took auto renew off.

I went on live chat about 10 days before I was due to renew and asked how could I renew without getting the World subscription but I also didn't want to lose my discount. They told me to contact them nearer the time when they would give me a code to get the 25% off.

3 days before they emailed to remind me saying I needed to get in touch before the 8th which I did and I got the 25% off. I've just checked and I can un-tick the auto renew.

Chris

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jan 2017 23:16

Yes, I was able to uncheck (tick) the auto renew box and then click update.

However, when I went back to my personal details, the auto renew box was yet again checked (ticked)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 11 Jan 2017 08:11

I had difficulties doing it last year and had to contact them to do it. When I renewed I unchecked the Auto renew, but have just checked and it is back on! I have managed after two attempts to uncheck it, and I now also have an e-mail to say that my details have been updated, and it shows auto renew is off.

I'm keeping the e-mail just incase there are any problems later!

Something doesn't seem right. I imagine lots of people are paying for renewals that they didn't want.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 11 Jan 2017 10:29

Yesterday, after reading this thread, I opened FMP and unticked the auto box.
I have just now checked and the box is still unticked. But I am subscribed to FMP.com, so maybe slightly different software?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Jan 2017 03:44

remember .................. GR used to do this same thing years ago!

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 12 Jan 2017 15:19

There is Free Access on FMP this weekend !

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 12 Jan 2017 16:58

Is it really Free Access or do you have to put in your credit card details ;-)

ShelleyRose x

PatW

PatW Report 12 Jan 2017 17:42

I'm a little bit green and don't know what FMP is.
Will someone explain please. Am I missing out?
Pat

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 12 Jan 2017 17:52

Patricia- Find My Past

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/

PatW

PatW Report 12 Jan 2017 18:16

Thank you.
Pat

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 13 Jan 2017 11:47

Can someone who uses it please tell me what is good to search for on FMP? I had a look at the 1939 but you only get the index for free. And although I input some names, I didn't always get even the info I already had.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 13 Jan 2017 16:50

grannyfranny

If you are asking about all FMP records?

http://search.findmypast.com/search-world-records

Click "Search" then in the drop down list click "A - Z of record sets"

Note that I use FMP.com but it is probably the same in FMP.co.uk.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 13 Jan 2017 19:21

Thanks Inky, I'll have another look.