Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whose living at 6 Hazel Grove?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 12 Jan 2017 21:55

My wife's cousin John gave me some family photographs 3 years ago and remembers very little of his family history but in that conversation remembers an Auntie Pat that used to visit him often as a child. One photograph was marked Auntie Pat & John 4 months and a couple of wedding photographs of her. In the last week and tonight it has all come together Patricia Mary Woodward was his cousin born 1937, John born 1954. She wasn't an aunt but a 1st cousin. She married James Snow Oct 3 1959. Had a son Malcolm 1961, daughter Karen 1964 & twins Paul & David 1968. Johns father died 1961and his mum re-married 1963. So you can see why she stopped seeing him. James Snow died 2009 (family tree on Ancestry). On Genes Reunited Search, Patricia M Snow is living in a bungalow in West Bromwich and registered on census 2011-2014, I'm registered up to 2012 on search so she could still be there? I plan to tell John & he could write to the address or he may not want too. The properties in Hazel Grove are bungalows and none have been sold on Zoopla so are owned by housing association or council? Any other ideas of how I could discover who is at number 6, as I'd hate to see me raise John's and my own hopes, when so close to confirming who is living at address.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2017 23:40

In-putting her name + the post code on 192.com, the free results indicate that she was still living there when she completed the ER form last year. FMP only goes up to 2014

If you were to search by address only, you'd need to buy credits to view the results. If someone else has moved in, in the meantime, they may not yet be shown on an updated roll.

Tell John when the information was compiled - in our case it was last August - and allow him to make the descision

We always suggest writing but putting their own address on the reverse. If there's no reply or it gets returned, write to the immediate neighbours. Although we don't advise phoning, have you checked the online phone directory,
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 13 Jan 2017 13:32

Thank you the 192.com is excellent and even greater chance she is still there. I will advise & follow letter tips if John decides not to write. It's amazing how thrilled you can get finding a relative and the opportunity to find the simplest of facts or pictures of her uncle & aunt. She is the only living relative on that branch of the family tree that I have discovered. Hence the thrill. Thank you again. Regards Andy

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 10 Feb 2017 23:42

Detective, Very pleased to say Auntie Pat is well and very switched on for 80. She replied to my letter and told me some family facts and would like to further exchange family history and photographs. She would like to see her god son John again if possible. Over to John but replying to my txt he hasn't seen her for 56 years! Hopefully they will meet up again and give me a picture of them together? :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Feb 2017 08:47

Brilliant. Thank you so much for updating the thread :-)

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 22 Feb 2017 23:57

Breaking News: John called Pat tonight and he is visiting her on Saturday. He works 0.3 miles from her home that's 5 minutes walk away! Can you believe that! Genealogy Fate. He saw her last in 1961, she knew where he was working in the 80s, so assume she meet his mum on the high street.