Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO Premium Service. Pilot part 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jan 2017 09:15

Might be quick but ££££

Don't think I'll be using it.

PDF Pilot Phase 2

Since the 19th January, we have been trialling a premium PDF service for registration records. Records will not be immediately viewable, but emailed as a PDF.

The pilot is in 3 phases. Phase 2 of the pilot, is a premium PDF service available for applications made between 8am and 1 pm. We aim to deliver within 3 hours

Each premium PDF costs £45, and is available for the following England and Wales records held by GRO:

Births, Marriages and Deaths: 1837 on
Civil Partnerships: 2005 on

Andy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 10:54

It might be used by Probate companies, but wouldn't help those who need a copy for identification purposes. It wouldn't be 'certified', would it?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jan 2017 11:03

When i was doing hubbies probate I needed full certs for his birth .our marriage ,my birth

Whilst I have the originals of the marriage and my birth I only had the short version of hubbies birth

Photo copies were not acceptable to people like private pension , avc pensions etc and I didn't want to part with the originals so I bought several certified copies from the gro

Emailed ones wouldn't have been acceptable either