Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fostered or Adoptive Parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 14 Mar 2017 04:25

Is it possible to add the parents who fostered or adoptive a person in my tree. I believe that the adoptive parents were a relative to my husband mother and it is this family that I am trying to trace.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Mar 2017 10:28

Assuming you mean a tree on GR -

If you already have the birth parents entered, then you can't add more "parents".
You can mention the adoptive parents in a note, but they won't show up if anyone's doing a search for them.

If you don't have the birth parents entered, you could add the adoptive parents as if they were birth parents, but add a note to explain.

Neither option is ideal, but I think they're the only possibilities on GR, unfortunately.

Allan

Allan Report 14 Mar 2017 20:53

Thank you ArgyllGran for your reply. Unfortunately I have the birth parents and adopted parents and wanted to add both so I could further my Evans research. Believe that both are related. Maybe develope another family tree.
Just for reference my break in my research for a fostered baby was found in the 1939 Registry which the population of Britain/England had to registry and give their birth name. Maybe I was lucky because they had the same surname and carried the same christian names and known christen name.