Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cheap Ancestry??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2023 16:33

Does anyone know of any Ancestry Worldwide discounts valid at the moment?

For the last couple of years I've used an old half-price offer which somehow was still working, but someone's finally realised and removed it.

I've checked out all the other countries' Ancestry sites, but they all work out to about the same.
Cancelling, then starting a new membership via Topcashback, would only save me about £5 - assuming the cashback was forthcoming, as it isn't always - not worth it for the hassle involved.

I'm resigned to paying the full renewal price in a couple of days' time - but thought I'd ask!

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Feb 2023 17:02

Any good? - haven't worked my way through the different offers but suggests 50% off selected plans (mmm! selected!)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/vouchercodes/ancestry

There appear to be others in the same vein by googling ancestry subscriptions

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2023 18:16

I think I've looked at that one, GG - but thanks.

If it's the same one, it only applies to "Premium" membership - not Worldwide.

And today, from your link, I only get an error message when I follow through to "Visit Ancestry".

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Feb 2023 18:38

The. Same question was asked on FTM. No one seemed to know of a discount offer.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2023 18:40

Ah well, it was worth a try!
Thanks!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Feb 2023 23:27

I took out a 3 month pro sub with FMP. it was £49.97. Tonight I see that on here it offers Genes members 40% on 3 month subs

But when I joined last week, there was nowhere on FMP to say I was a Genes member.

Has anyone else taken this offer up? How do I know if the £49.97 was discounted?

Florence in the hebrides :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Feb 2023 23:37

I have emailed support so hopefully will get a reply soon.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Feb 2023 13:52

Have you checked the full list of subscription charges on FMP?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2023 14:05

I have tried but all it gives is for 3 months and a year so I have no idea if those rates are discounted. I couldnt see anything about this 40 % discount for Genes members on their site.

Shall have to see what their reply to my email says and i shall let you know.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Feb 2023 14:07

You have to go via the GR site - not direct to FMP.
When you click on the link on GR to the offer, it takes you to a page showing the discounted prices.
Presumably, when you join via that page, you're only charged the discounted price.

The options are for three months of either Plus or Pro membership.
No mention of annual membership on that page.

Have you checked your bank or credit card account to see how much has been taken?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2023 14:14

When I clicked on the promo on here, it took me straight to FMP and no mention of the 40% discount. I was charged£47.99 for 3 months pro sub

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2023 14:17

I have just gone onto FMP via google and not here and the rates for 3 & 12 subs are the same as when you go from genes with no mention of any discount???

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2023 14:22

Just received an email from FMP who confirm a discount should have been given but wasnt so they are refunding me £19.20 back to my credit card.

So I have 3 months pro sub for £28.29 which is a good deal.

If anyone else is thinking of taking out this 3 month sub, the discount expires in march but check you get the offer.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Feb 2023 18:11

Ancestry Discount Codes | Get up to 30% Off. Ends Soon.
https://www.dealsalecode.com/discount-code
AdVerified Ancestry Promo Codes & Vouchers for May 2022. New Coupons Added Daily, Stay Tuned for More Upcoming Offers.

Ancestry Senior Discount February 2023 - valuecom.com
www.valuecom.com/promos/ancestry-senior-discount
www.valuecom.com/promos/ancestry-senior-discount.

Ancestry 50% Off UK - 15 Discount Code for this February …
https://www.promopro.co.uk/coupons/ancestry-50-off-uk.

More Hot Ancestry 50% Off UK Discount Codes Searches. PromoPro UK is committed and dedicated in helping you find the best Ancestry.co.uk discount codes to suit your budget. Ancestry Uk Renewal Discount Codes will be available to all customers shopping online and enables them to enjoy discounts up to 8… See more

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Feb 2023 21:50

Unfortunately, the 50% off link posted by Kay???? just goes to a page which says "Oops! Looks like you come to a wrong place!"

The 30% off dealsalecode link takes you to "Sorry, we couldn't find the page you're looking for."

The value.com link takes you to ancestry.com, with no mention of discounts.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2023 22:10

Well I'm glad I'm queried the FMP sub otherwise i wouldn't have got a refund in part.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Feb 2023 09:35

Yes, a good result, Florence!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Mar 2023 16:45

Im a bit confused re my 3 month pro sub to FMP. I went on just now and when I click on the menu and scroll to subscription, I click and it says I dont have a subscription???

I tried to access the 1939 census as It should be included but seems its not?

What am I doing wrong?

Florence in the hebrides

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Mar 2023 16:56

Sorry, Ive sorted it. I logged out, changed my password and then logged back in.
I can now access 1939 records etc so all is well.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Apr 2023 17:36

Aargh! Those were my magic Ancestry discount links -- I'd concocted one for each portal (.co.uk, .ca, etc.) and done some exchange rate figuring to see which gave the best price outcome, and I'd used them for maybe 3 years myself (you had to start a new account each time), and I'd posted them here multiple times, and given them to acquaintances ...

It's been a while since I had a paid-up subscription (eternal thanks to a special someone who lets me use theirs), but I see in my emails to myself that I had checked the linnks again, and checked out the exchange rates, last summer, and they were still there, but I didn't have the time right then to devote to the hunt so I decided to wait a while until I had more time, so as not to waste the sub.

I got a bunch of billing done last month so I'm a little bit flush, and was planning to start back up at Ancestry in the next few days. After dropping a bundle this week on DNA tests for me and the tall dude and to upgrade some tests already done.

So yesterday I see this thread, by complete coincidence (lots of them this week), and I go back to that email and try the links and yup, dead as a doornail. Or is it dormouse?

Rats. @#$% expensive otherwise and I'm just not as much in need of new info as I used to be. I'd like to tidy up a lot of my corrections and annotations to census records. Maybe I'll just take out a series of 14-day free trials. I have lots of gmail addresses.... ;-)