General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mis-sold PPI

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2014 14:57

had a letter a few weeks back asking if I had ever had a protection policy - well I did have a card protection policy wth M & S which covered all my credit and debit cards, but I chose to get this policy

However, I filled in the form I was sent - couldn't remember half the details as it was so long ago - never thought I'd hear anything - well a cheque for £96 has just arrived :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 14 Apr 2014 15:00

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2014 15:03

I'm gobsmacked :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Apr 2014 15:09

Same as us Ann we'd had card safe for absolutely years, back into the 90s. We have just had a cheque for £302 back to 2005. Half has already gone on a golf club :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 14 Apr 2014 15:13

If you knew which bank etc., it is really easy to do it for yourself and get ALL of the money and not pay a middle man.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Apr 2014 16:43

I've also had the letter - it's specifically about PPI on credit cards. Have also filled it in - and live in hope!

Two years ago, I got quite a bit of money back from a Lloyds mis-sold PPI on a loan. I also had a credit card with them, and found an old statement, that I just threw in with the rest.
I got over £100 for that.

They can pay me again if they like :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Apr 2014 17:44

Ours was for the M&S credit card.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2014 20:32

there was no fee taken out of mine - I was given the full breakdown - mine was for M & S credit card too

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Apr 2014 21:18

All that was taken was tax on the interest

Sally

Sally Report 14 Apr 2014 21:26

my daughter got back

$
twenty four thoughsand pounds

she could not believe it but it was right

sally w <3