General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You know that car accident I had?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 May 2015 12:15

Well, a very nice young man telephoned me about it last night and how I could claim compensation.

Oddly, he didn't know that I was very drunk at the time and it was in a car I had stolen and hot-wired, that all my passengers were killed, and the passengers in several other vehicles and that I am currently expecting to receive a life term for it!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 May 2015 12:18

no matter you would still be entitled to the compensation!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 May 2015 12:31

They hang up when I say I do not have a car.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 12 May 2015 12:41

When they ask about Mr Prevett, I say they have a choice of three. If you ask which accident they go quiet.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 May 2015 13:37

When they say I can get a great deal on my car insurance, I say they have a choice of three. :-D

Somehow, they never know which car they want to insure either, even though I'm very interested in hearing what they have to offer!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 May 2015 14:28

if you get a call asking if you have hearing problems - do what I do - just keep saying pardon until they give up :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 May 2015 14:39

I had a call yesterday asking "can I speak to the householder please"

No you can't I said and put the phone down

A Google of the nos seems to be selling solar panels .

Wish I had strung em on a bit till I got the speel and who they were before I told em this nos is on the telephone preference and you are going to be reported.

Now we are ex directory , nos withheld ,and doesn't accept incoming witheld nos ,as well as being on the telephone preferrence so where did they get the number from

If I order online that wants a tel nos I wil put it as zeros

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 May 2015 15:20

my granddaughter got the very same call