General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A thoughtful son

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Apr 2016 02:27

Talking with a friend last night, she's had so many problems in the last couple of years, she says the universe has dumped on her. :-( Most days she felt like screaming with frustration.

Her son got to her place, told her what to wear and took her out......... he wouldn't tell her where they were going.

Got to a cliff edge, where he had arranged for his 67 year old mother to go hang-gliding!

Go on Mum........ fly and scream all you want! So she did.... screamed, cursed, swore her head off........... and she felt so much better.

The problems haven't gone away, but she is much less stressed now.

:-D

btw... she loved it, and she wants to do it again (the hang-gliding, not the screaming)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Apr 2016 13:14

I assume he knew she would be ok with it. I don't think I would have done it though. But full marks to him.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Apr 2016 23:18

Good on your friend for going ahead with the plan, rather her than me tho lol
Hope life gets better for her soon

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Apr 2016 23:50

I don't think I'd have the nerve to hang glide :-(

I hate heights, anyway.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Apr 2016 02:09

I told her she was very brave! I couldn't do it.

:-D

Huia

Huia Report 17 Apr 2016 04:18

My brother in law used to do a lot of hang gliding but he had several accidents, with the last one putting him in a coma for a week and now his short-term memory is no good.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Apr 2016 12:30

Sometimes, when I was loaded down with too much work and a lot of other things, I would scream while I was driving on quiet roads.

All the way from Halnaker to Petworth one day.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Apr 2016 14:32

I used to kick a bean bag around..... after I moved any breakable things.

These days I don't have the energy to kick anything..... but I can still scream.