General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Turner

Turner Report 28 May 2016 16:13

Hi

I hope somebody can help me. I found out after my father's death that he had a son that I wasn't aware of. I have no information on him at all apart from my father's full name. Is there anyway I can find details of the birth certificates my father was named as the father on?

Many Thanks
Mandy

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 16:41

Hi Mandy, was your father married to the mother of his other child? If not the child may well only be registered in mother's surname. You won't be able to trace a birth by your father's full name only by surname if indeed the child was given that surname, that is near enough impossible to do unless it is a very unusual surname.

Have you searched trees for your father's name to see if anyone has put him in their tree?

edit, is there anyone else in the family, or your father's family or friends who may know more?

Turner

Turner Report 28 May 2016 18:43

Thanks Rambling Rose

I did think the so myself but thought, or hoped there may be a way around it.

Best Wishes

Mandy

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 May 2016 19:22

Hi, what was it you found after your father's death to know you had a brother.
Hilary.