General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another one

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Apr 2017 00:41

So, I have my cat flap wedged open to accommodate that tabby who is living feral and comes in for a bit of supper.

Well, a black cat I have never seen before has just come in like it lives here and filled up on the biscuits. Didn't mind me talking to it, just carried on scoffing , sniffed the butternut squash in the rack and wandered off out.

I don't think it is the mother of the stray because my neighbour said she had been run over but once you have seen a black cat you have seen the lot.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Apr 2017 00:48

How many cats coming for free meals before you close the flap ? :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Apr 2017 00:55

It won't happen.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Apr 2017 00:56

Not many would or could do that well done I'm sure the cats appreciate it.

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Apr 2017 07:19

Nobody looks at you with such utter disdain as a wet cat.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Apr 2017 10:13

Ah Dermot - that's not true!!
When I'm at home, and it's raining, mine appear to deliberately go out in the rain, purely so I can dry them off.
They come in, walk straight up to me, purring, and look me straight in the eye.

If I ignore them, they jump up on my lap (leaving muddy pawprints) and gently brush their sodden tails across my face.
I then decide life is easier if I dry them.
Once thoroughly dry, they go back out and repeat the process :-|

If I'm going work, and it's raining before I go, they won't go out unless they have to, and then, they demand to go out the front door and sidle under the large laurel bush. I presume the then do the necessary, and a couple of minutes later, hurtle around to the back door (cat flap)and arrive back with just a few rain spots on them.