General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The heat is getting to me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 May 2017 22:40

I do not like it :-(

Even my computer seems to be irritable to the point of shutting down, so if I start to post something and never get it finished that's why lol.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2017 00:02

how hot is it over there?

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 May 2017 00:30

Sylvia believe it was about 26 outside earlier, the thermostat on the staircase says 22 now, but upstairs is hotter and the breeze has dropped so an uncomfortable night again.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2017 00:42

ugh!!

It's about 23 outside here, possible going to get another 1 or 2 degrees higher before evening .............. BUT it is only supposed to be 13C overnight.

It is going to get warmer over the weekend and into next week.

I have a fan in the bedroom for when i does get hot

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 May 2017 00:52

There may be thunder and rain tomorrow, but it may be too far north of here to be much use, the garden is very dry so do need some rain :-( but cooler tomorrow night hopefully.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2017 00:57

hope you can get some sleep xx

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 May 2017 08:03

Well, it's 24 in the sun this morning - almost 8 am, Saturday.

It can stay that for weeks for me - or even go up a couple of degrees.

I have walked around the garden, counted the bees on the Blue Pacific, admired the wisteria and vanilla-scented clematis. Lots of geraniums with biggest blooms I've seen and other gorgeous flowers and bushes, all raising their heads and enjoying the sun.

A cheerful, striped balloon has passed slowly overhead so its occupants will truly enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Parasol is up, cushions are on seats and I'm about to have breakfast outside.

I'm enjoying it while we have it.

Have a wonderful day y'all. :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2017 10:00

Don't worry Rose it will soon be gone. Wednesday Sylvia it was 31 degrees in our garden. But today it has clouded over and there is a strong breeze, looks like rain, all normal for Bank holiday and Tall ships festival.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 27 May 2017 10:12

My 2 younger daughters returned from their holiday in Orlando this morning.

We were having a message group conversation yesterday and they posted a link at 12 noon ( their time) to show that their temp was reading 27 degrees.

My elder daughter posted the same link straight back to show that it was 5pm in Paisley ( Renfrewshire) and the temp was also reading 27 degrees

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 May 2017 12:02

Our temp is rising - now 27 in the shade. BBQ weather. :-D :-D :-D

Don't want any rain thank you. :-0

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 May 2017 13:36

It is 30 C ( shade ) in Paris right now 32 C high. Much hotter out on the street in the sun. Very pleasant computers working fine.

:-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2017 15:33

I guess you got your wish Rose. Very cloudy and windy all morning and cold enough for a jacket, no rain yet although a shower over night. Such a shame for the Tall Ships Festival although it didn't seem to have put people off.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2017 17:20

9 am, and just over 18C outside .................

but we are on the coast. It will be several degrees higher just a few miles inland.

The sun is fine ............... unless you are allergic to it, as I am :-(

I also can't take heat over about 24C, even sitting in the shade outside with a breeze blowing can be very uncomfortable, so I have to sit inside with a fan (or fans) blowing over me .................. we don't have air conditioning.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 May 2017 18:10

It rained over night :-) breezy now but no sun today.

The plants (and I ) sighed with relief.

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun in the sun, I love bright days, I just like them cooler than most people :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2017 18:15

I was really sad not to have the beautiful sun today, we have so little of it usually and were just getting used to sitting out in the evening with a drink, having barbecues etc and now it has gone!!

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 27 May 2017 18:20

I had 16 people for coffee this morning and had all the garden furniture out. Half an hour before they arrived the heavens opened and all the chairs were soaked. When it stopped raining, the wind started up. Luckily I have a big living room and a big kitchen diner so there was plenty of room for us all indoors.

Now it's still very hot but very muggy - real headache weather.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2017 19:04

what a pity, Vera!!