Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Hart - born in Guernsey.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dan

Dan Report 22 Oct 2014 17:15

Hi,

I'm trying to track down my Dad's cousin Peter Hart. His Dad was Ernest Hart. His Mum was called Frankie. He's lived in Bristol for a time and also moved to Florida but not heard from him for about 10 yrs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Oct 2014 17:40

Welcome to the boards Dan

When was Peter born, roughly if you aren't sure. Does he have a middle name? Where was he living when you last had contact?

Does your father know if he married or has any children as finding them may be one route to take. Marriages in England can be found on
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ and
https://familysearch.org/

http://www.whitepages.com/name/peter-hart/Florida are the Florida results of the on-line phone book, whitepages.com

If he is the same age group as your Dad, might he have died? Check freebmd for English deaths to about 1970 and familysearch for later.
Familysearch also have the Amercan Social Service Death Index (SSDI)
An exact date of birth helps to eliminate unrelated individuals.

Try searching all members trees on this site to see if he is listed in anyone elses tree, and send them a message.
Is he likely to have a social media page? Have you checked Facebook etc?

Dan

Dan Report 24 Oct 2014 15:43

Thanks. Any tips for finding Guernsey related births and deaths?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Oct 2014 16:02

CI BMD's are not on line

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 25 Oct 2014 19:27

these are the search results at familysearch.org for people named Peter Hart living in Florida 1990-2014

http://tinyurl.com/kx42b4h

I find it astounding but 'United States public records' there give a person's name, address and telephone number along with their exact date of birth and names of people residing with them

you might be able to tell whether there is a match from the date of birth

and as Detective said, the same for United States deaths at that site

Dan

Dan Report 4 Nov 2014 15:55

Sadly I've found out that he passed away 2-3 years ago in Cornwall. Although I'd like to try and trace where he was buried so we could pay our respects. Any tips?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Nov 2014 18:31

Sorry to hear of this.

The vaste majority of deceased are cremated in the UK. On that basis, try contacting the nearest crematorium to his home, or the cemeteries department of his District Council.

They would probably prefer more accurate data such as the month and year of death and may charge for their time. Some LAs do, some don't.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Nov 2014 19:25

Dan if you answered questions asked (and maybe acknowledged help given, like the info I posted about Florida even if it turned out not to be useful) maybe more help could be given

for instance what was Peter's approximate year of birth ... do you know whether Peter had a wife and/or children .. finding them would be the best way to find out what you are wanting to know

Dan

Dan Report 5 Nov 2014 10:08

Hi JoonieCloonie,

Apologies but I'm new to all this but I 100% appreciate all the advice offered by anyone whether it turns out to be of use of not.

Unfortunately I know very little about my Dad's cousin bar stories about him. But we did find an old address book which confirmed his birthday as 1st December and after speaking to an old friend of his we've got his year of birth as 1946 and believe his middle name to have been Michael. Using this info I did actually find an old Florida address in Bradenton. His partner was called Helen (surname unknown) but as far as we know he never married or had kids of his own.

The old friend I tracked down tells me Peter died of Motor Neuron Disease in Cornwall and has mentioned Truro and St Ives as places he may have lived. As this friend was estranged he could only confirm year of death as aprox 2011 or 2012.

Thanks
Dan

Dan

Dan Report 5 Nov 2014 10:09

Thanks +++DetEcTive+++, I'll look into crematoriums in the area.