Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding my birth mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sarah

sarah Report 19 Dec 2014 13:41

my name is sara and im helping my dad try and find out any information on his birth mother or to see if there is any other living relatives out there, his adoptive name is john william rumsey and he was born in 1943ish all he knows is that his birth mother was irish and went by the last name of heally or heaney he cant remember he was givin to the catholic childerns soceity in london his apdotive parents were called charlie and eva rumsey he is now 69yrs and would really like to try find out some information about where he come from ect. please get in touch if you know anything thanks sarah :-)

patchem

patchem Report 19 Dec 2014 15:29

Welcome to the boards, Sarah.

You need to apply for his adoption records, and get his original birth certificate.

Could you say what month of the year he was born?

Thank-you

Added:
If your Father is 69, he was born in 1945, surely?

malyon

malyon Report 19 Dec 2014 15:45

hi
do you know if your dad was born in lincolnshire and is 1943 the correct year because your dad would be 71 years now

yvonne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2014 18:06

Your dad must know his birth date surely :-)