Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Locating Father, Michael Reid, London, Born c1955

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 19 Mar 2015 16:57

Hi there,

My name is Alan Whaley.

I'm looking for my father, who I understand is called Michael Reid. He met me once, when I was a small child.

He was approx. 29 in 1984/1985. I believe he was from London (my mother was from Battersea/Putney), their relationship started and ended there in c1984/1985. This makes him c60years old.

My Mother's name was Jennifer Powell or Jennifer Whaley

If you may know this man, get in touch!

Thanks

Alan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Mar 2015 13:27

Hi Alan.
Chances of anyone who knows him seeing this are pretty thin, though always worth a try!
There are 4 Michael Reid births in the area 1954-6. Not many, but impossible to say which if any is your father.
They all have middle initials, so if you can pin him down that would be a big step forward.
It would help you if you have a little more info. Do you know names of any of his family, or have an address for him, for example? Or even names of friends, providing the names aren't too common?
Anything else you can find out will help you enormously.
Jan

Alan

Alan Report 23 Mar 2015 16:23

Hi Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

Regrettably that is all the information I have, which is a shame.

I will ask around a little more however, just to be sure.

Thanks

Alan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Mar 2015 16:50

Good luck Alan, hope you find something which will help your search.
Jan

Alan

Alan Report 25 Mar 2015 09:05

The only further information that I have found is, he was in Tooting in 1984/1985. He worked in a factory of some kind with a lady called Francis.

And he had a mustache.

Very cryptic information!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Mar 2015 17:43

That is very tricky then isn't it!

If you feel up to it, my only other suggestion is to trawl through the Michael Reids which might fit the bill.

Obviously you don't know where he was born, but with nothing else to go on, you might as well give it a go and start with births in or near London..

If you check out Freebmd you will see quite a few Michael Reid births, but not so many in the London area.
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

This inevitably means having to make contact on the off-chance, but with so little info I suppose that was always going to be the case.

You can then check free electoral register, using middle initials to narrow down your search:
https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

Have you tried any other sites? Facebook maybe, or Lostcousins:

http://www.lostcousins.com/

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Mar 2015 17:54

Meant to add, also try 192.com. Rather that go to the site and then search for Michael Reids, google '192.com michael reid'.

This way you get where they are living (though not full address, which you can get from the free electoral roll site above).

In many cases it shows the electoral register year and an age range. So for example, you might find a Michael Reid 2014 register aged 35 - this one could be eliminated as too young.

It also includes details of facial hair ... :-D :-D :-D