Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kings Royal Rifles 3rd Battalion in 1890s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 16 May 2015 17:37

My grandfather Frank Pine served in the Kings Royal Rifles 3rd Battalion in the 1890s before the Boer War. How can I find his service record?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 May 2015 20:52

Hello John

When/where was your grandfather born?

There are service records on this site and also on FindMyPast for a Frank Pine born c1878 St James, Bristol.

He was a photographer. Enlisted 1897 in the Hussars - 3rd The King's Own, transferred to the Kings Royal Rifles later in 1897, bought himself out 1899. Mother was Annie Pine, Stapleton Road, Bristol.

If this sounds like your grandfather then go to Search on the menu above, select "Armed Forces and Conflict" and put his name in the search box. Depending on the subscription you have you can download the record or buy credits to do so.

John

John Report 20 May 2015 12:41

Many thanks - this could be him - although I always thought je was born 1876