Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WWe Soldier

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 May 2015 18:09

My dad was in the Manchester Regiment in the war from start to end. I cannot find him anywhere on military records??
His name was Roland Allan. But he went under the name of Roland Allan Bell due to his stepfather's name being Bell. He was born in 1919

Any ideas?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 May 2015 23:24

www.forces-war-records.co.uk/Records

Have a search on this site to see if hes listed, clicking on the name takes you to an option to register and subscribe (pay) to see the details.

UK WW2 full service records are not online to view in full.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 29 May 2015 12:42

Welcome to the Community boards Blighty.

(I'll let Blighty know how to find their reply) :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 May 2015 16:15

WW2 service records are still with the MOD. You can purchase them for £30 but will probably have to wait several months before they arrive.

Follow this link to download the appropriate form
https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

Gritty

Gritty Report 30 May 2015 18:51

Roland or Rowland? I don't see a Roland born in 1919. There is a Rowland born Stockton in 1919.

Not sure if it makes any difference- but thought it worth a mention just in case.