Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suggestions: GENERAL

Page 0 + 1 of 12

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KathyS

KathyS Report 13 Nov 2014 22:03

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2014 19:01

OR

what I think is much better :-)

email them at

support@genesreunited.co.uk

KenSE

KenSE Report 13 Nov 2014 18:06

Kathy, Click on HELP, then on the left below the Help topics is Complete FAQ Listing. One of the entries is about subscriptions and payments.

KathyS

KathyS Report 13 Nov 2014 17:48

Not sure if I am posting this on the correct board, so if it isn't then I apologise.
What I would like to know is, I would like to email GR about my recent subscription payment but can't find a link to click on to message them. Never had this problem before as there was always a link to do this on the FAQ section. Can anyone help me please.
Many thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Nov 2014 18:13

and many of us it seems do not frequent Facebook

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Nov 2014 17:16

Apparently the explanation may have been posted on Facebook - we paying members are not worthy of that explanation.

Island

Island Report 11 Nov 2014 11:54

WHY was the poppy omitted?

Claiming 'not enough notice' is baloney!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Nov 2014 11:29

I don't use Facebook - this is the site I use

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 11 Nov 2014 10:40

Hi AnnCardiff,

Thank your for your comment. We do apologise for the poppy omission on the website, we did not intend t cause offence. We are paying tribute on Facebook and member emails. All messages have been noted.

Regards,

Shelley

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Nov 2014 09:49

Totally agree with Ann, there really are some changes that need to be made, one being showing the respect of those that lost their lives for us be shown with dignity and portrayal of remembrance they deserve....

What is good for one is good for all.........

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Nov 2014 09:35

please ensure that next year you put a poppy up in time for Remembrance Day - we are all utterly disgusted with the fact that you have failed to do so this year and we cannot understand why you have found it impossible to do so

SueCar

SueCar Report 29 Oct 2014 14:02

I just have this feeling that GR have fixed the problem and not told me! I am not having any trouble now. Thanks for your replies and thanks to the member who PM'd me.

jax

jax Report 27 Oct 2014 11:17

As it is a phone you are talking about I can't see what GR can do about it.... The only site that fits on my screen is Facebook, everything else I have to scroll from side to side.....I suppose they could do what whatever Facebook have done to achieve this

SueCar

SueCar Report 26 Oct 2014 20:50

That's really weird. I've logged in on my phone this time and I can see everything without scrolling from side to side. Mind you, the phone's only a foot from my eyes.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Oct 2014 16:56

the only time I have a problem with the GR posts being too wide is if someone has posted an url or link that is too long, and then it spreads the page out

I normally don't have a problem, and I have my monitor screen set at 100%

Sue ........... would it help to reduce your monitor screen to less than 100%?

It's at the top right on my monitor

jax

jax Report 26 Oct 2014 15:15

What are you using SueCar?

The only time I have problems reading posts on GR is if I use my phone.... Laptop and tablet are fine

SueCar

SueCar Report 26 Oct 2014 11:07

Please can GR make the main section of their pages not so wide? That way,
if you make the page bigger so you can read the words you don't then have
to keep scrolling sideways to read the end of each line then back again to
start the next one. :-\

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Oct 2014 18:13

so have I ...................

GR's email told me I had 4 unread messages

Nope .............

............. I have the 2 that have been showing as unread for at least 3 years, and that I've never been able to find

no new messages otherwise :-)

I have been receiving emails on time for new messages for the last several weeks ..................... since I complained!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Oct 2014 17:08

Halleluja I just received a message board update alert. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Oct 2014 15:18

The e mail notifications are still not happening all the time. I can't see anywhere if anyone has explained why. With me it has only been in the past couple of weeks that I have not had notifications from entries on my watched threads. However, I have had notification from messages sent. :-)