Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London 1841 lookups THREAD CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rick

Rick Report 3 Jun 2004 13:21

UPDATE: Thread closed for now - see update at end ____________________________________________________________________ NOTES: PLEASE READ............................................................................... ADDRESS AND AREA NEEDED - CANNOT SEARCH FOR NAMES.................... ____________________________________________________________________ Please only post to this board - no email requests. Most houses are not numbered. Paddington is completely missing from the census. A substantial number of entries are not possible to read due to very faint or smudged images. No family relationships are given. Adult ages are mostly rounded down to the nearest 5 years. y=born in county, n=not born in county.

Rick

Rick Report 3 Jun 2004 13:25

Old thread was just too slow to update, so here's a new one. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 4 Jun 2004 14:17

Hi Jenny, There's no Cornwall Terrace in Battersea in the index. There's one in Marylebone - checked there for you, but no Pennialls at all. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 4 Jun 2004 14:19

Hi Gina, 76, Shoe Lane (726/1/page 4) William Casbard,49,butcher,y Elizabeth,44,y Thomas Hitcher,18,y Charlotte Williams,20,FS,y Elizabeth Montague,13,y Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 4 Jun 2004 14:20

Hi Sue, Sorry - no sign of any Bentleys in Bethnal Green Rd. Rick.

Penelope

Penelope Report 4 Jun 2004 20:42

Hi Rick, I would be very grateful if you could look up Pieschell Street in Paddington and see if there are any Harbourns or Mauns living there. Joshua Harbourn and Sarah Maun were married in Paddington in December 1839 and both gave their address as Pieschell St. Joshua was a shoemaker, his father Thomas Harbourn was a tailor, and Sarah's father, John Maun was a herald painter (whatever that is!). I am hoping that Pieschell St is not very long so you won't have to do too much searching (fingers crossed also that it's legible). Thank you very much. Regards, Penny

Gaye

Gaye Report 4 Jun 2004 21:37

Hi Rick Would you mind looking up an address for me please:- 114 High St, Shadwell, Stepney. Looking for my Marzetti family Thanks Gaye

Zena

Zena Report 6 Jun 2004 00:59

Hi Rick Can anyone look for the surname Taylor on the London 1841 census. I do have an address-35 Jubilee Place where they were living in 1839. Possible people living there- John Taylor (Head) Elizabeth Taylor (Wife) Richard Taylor (son) Many thanks

Rick

Rick Report 6 Jun 2004 14:27

Hi Penny, Sorry but Paddington is completely missing from the 1841. I did have a message saying that on my old thread, but forgot to put it in the header on this one. I've updated it now. I did search the inderx for Pieschell Street anyway, but it's not there. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 6 Jun 2004 14:29

Hi Gaye, James Marzetti,43,hairdresser Sarah,43 Charles,12 Catherine,10 Eliza,9 Sarah,6 All born in the county. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 6 Jun 2004 14:30

Hi Zena, Which area is Jubilee Place in please ? There is more than one in the index. Rick.

Gaye

Gaye Report 7 Jun 2004 19:17

Thanks Rick for the info on the Marzetti's. Cheers Gaye

Zena

Zena Report 8 Jun 2004 11:26

Hi Rick Jubilee Place, Kensington District, Chelsea Thanks

Rick

Rick Report 8 Jun 2004 17:53

Hi Jackie, Sorry but there is no entry in the index for The Potteries. Although Chelsea appears complete, there are a few other parts of Kensington missing from the 1841. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 8 Jun 2004 17:54

Sorry Zena, No Taylors at 35 Jubilee Place. Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 10 Jun 2004 13:03

Geoff, I'm not quite clear - are you asking me to look in Hart Street ? Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 10 Jun 2004 17:09

Sorry Geoff, No sign of them anywhere in Hart Street. Rick.

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 12 Jun 2004 07:10

Hi Rick Thanks for your kind offer. Would you be able to check the following for me: 19 Cambridge Terrace, Marylebone, also 32 Silver St, Marylebone. Looking for Edward & Mary Gilbert, or any Gilbert &/or Morris names at those addresses. Also 3 Henry St, Kennington Lane, Kennington, looking for Phillips family (Frederick, Elizabeth & kids) or possibly Dalman. Many thanks, Richard

Martin

Martin Report 12 Jun 2004 21:14

Hi Rick, Could you please check for the following please 13 William St., Clerkenwell....where I hope to find the Fink family.. Thanks Martin

Rick

Rick Report 13 Jun 2004 21:47

Hi Richard, Drawn a bit of a blank I'm afraid. There's no entry for Silver Street or Cambridge Terrace anywhere in Marylebone. Are you certain that's the right district ? Also I can't find Kennington in the area index. Do you know what registration district that comes under ? Rick.