Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Henry Pearce

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 4 Dec 2018 20:12

Try as I might, I can find no death for the above. He was born 15 Nov 1907 in Aston, Warwickshire, and as far as I can ascertain, died 1968. But where? Did he emigrate? I can't find him in passenger lists. All help gratefully received.

malyon

malyon Report 4 Dec 2018 20:25

did he marry

malyon

malyon Report 4 Dec 2018 20:28

to deaths in 1968

Deaths Jun 1968
PEARCE CHARLES H 58 LINCOLN
Deaths Dec 1968 (>99%)
PEARCE CHARLES H 59 HENDON

could someone find him on 1939 reg might get some idea where he moved too

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 4 Dec 2018 20:39

Thanks Malyon, but neither is the one I am looking for. He married, in 1933, in Richmond, Yorks, Elizabeth H Todd. (She died 1975) Until 1947 he was living in Skipton, Yorks.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 4 Dec 2018 20:41

We are trying to get his Service records, but without the death cert they won't release them.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Dec 2018 20:49

Who registered Elizabeth's death?

Maybe the location of death or the information about the informant would give a lead.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 4 Dec 2018 20:56

I don't have her death cert Gwyn. My little grey cells need lubricating, I am off to the pub now. I will come back to his later.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Dec 2018 20:58

Bob's other thread about Charles:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1374705

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Dec 2018 22:16

Typical civil service. If he were alive today, he’d be 111. What’s the odds on that??

Perhaps the niece will be willing to buy a copy of his birth & his widow’s death certificates. Hopefully her status will be ‘widow of Charles Pearce’.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Dec 2018 07:19

Not seeing Elizabeth's death

Where were they living when she passed ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Dec 2018 07:23

Ahh the thread on miltary say she died in 1968

So is this her

Elizabeth Pearce
Death Age: 58
Birth Date: abt 1910
Registration Date: Mar 1968
Registration district: Holderness
Inferred County: Yorkshire East Riding
Volume: 2a
Page: 156

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Dec 2018 07:26

???

Charles Henry (Cremated Remains) Pearce
Register Type: Burial
Death Date: abt 1975
Burial or Cremation Date: 22 Jan 1975
Burial or Cremation Place: Islington, London, England
URL: https://www.deceasedonline.com...

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 5 Dec 2018 21:12

I will have to hand this back to the niece. We know that he died in 1968, the problem is that we can find no record of it to get a copy of the death cert. Thanks for all your help. I will have to close this thread now.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Dec 2018 22:00

How do you and the niece "know" that he died in 1968 if you haven't found his death record?

This is the death offered as "proof" on the Ancestry tree - but I doubt it. The name Charles isn't mentioned:

Deaths Dec 1968 (>99%)
PEARCE HENRY 60 BASINGSTOKE 6B 82

The 1975 cremation posted by Shirley is a possibility - although he wasn't the only Charles Henry Pearce, the cremation record doesn't give the deceased's age, and I can't see a death record for your Charles in 1975.

If that's the correct Charles, because it specifies "cremated remains", I wonder if he died abroad, and his ashes were brought back to England for burial?

The tree says that Elizabeth Helen died in 1975 in Essex, and gives this probate record as "proof":

PEARCE, Helen Elizabeth of 21 Wayside Ave, Hornchurch, Essex, died 1 January 1975. Probate Ipswich 24 April. £9024. 751003544E

But that relates to this death, which is clearly not the correct person, as Elizabeth was born in 1909 (per the tree).

Deaths Mar 1975 (99%)
Pearce Helen Elizabeth 26Mr1887 Barking 11 122

The 1968 death posted by Shirley looks much more likely.
According to the tree, they were living in Skipton, W Yorkshire in 1947.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Dec 2018 22:24

If the 1968 death for Elizabeth is not the correct one, then they may indeed have emigrated. However, they probably flew, and therefore there won't be any online record.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Dec 2018 00:18

For cremated remains to be interred, one would imagine that date and place of death might be recorded.
I wonder if more information about that could be obtained from the relevant cemetery authorities.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Dec 2018 11:14

http://iccslondon.co.uk/the-sites/islington-crematorium/

Contact Islington Crematorium
278 High Rd,
London N2 9AG
020 7527 8300

Online contact form:

http://iccslondon.co.uk/contact-us/?scrollto=contact-form

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 6 Dec 2018 20:14

Thanks for not giving up. His wife Elizabeth H Todd died in 1975 in Richmond Yorks. We do know for certain that Charles died in 1968 as the family were still in contact. As I mentioned earlier, his niece, ( I think she is my second cousin) is after his death cert in order to get his military records. He was awarded a BEM when he was a corporal in the R.Sigs in Italy.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Dec 2018 21:55

I don't see a record of Elizabeth's death in Richmond in 1975 - or anywhere in England/Wales, for that matter.

The tree says she died on 1/1/1975 in Colchester, Essex - but I don't see a record of that death either.

Does the niece have a copy of her death cert?

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 7 Dec 2018 14:27

The children were born in Richmond. Could this be Elizabeth on the 1939 register?

1939 REGISTER TRANSCRIPTION
Arnold (Pearce) Household (3 People)
Hudswell , Richmond R.D., Yorkshire (North Riding), England

Elizabeth Arnold (Pearce)
DOB 06 Apr 1914
SEX Female
OCCUPATION Unpaid Domestic Duties
MARITAL STATUS Married
SCHEDULE 48
SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER 1

Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Ref: RG101/3292A/007/18 Letter Code: JHPX
© Findmypast Ltd

If that's your Elizabeth, she remarried in 1953 so either Charles had died before then or they divorced.