General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Allan journey. mark 2 feel free to add to it

Page 0 + 1 of 63

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Nov 2018 22:31

Let's see if we can retell the story and then some without his poor OH ending up in the bathroom all the time.......sorry in advance Allan :-D :-D

Allan awake on the day of the cruise in plenty of time. He put on his red dressing gown and white wig and proceed to read the morning newspaper tut-tutting as he read.
Suddenly..........

Allan

Allan Report 17 Nov 2018 22:47

he was aware of an eerie apparition. Fortunately, it was only his wife who had applied a bit too much face cream.

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Nov 2018 23:44

..unfortunately, this only occurred to Allan 5 seconds AFTER he smacked the rolled up newspaper on her head......

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Nov 2018 00:10

The force of the newspaper was such, that his wife turned into the effigy of the person on the front page...

Allan

Allan Report 18 Nov 2018 00:14

Their holiday had got off to its usual start, and as the cat licked the cream from his wife's face, Allan remarked that he was still not happy to be going away and that he might go back to bed

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 00:32

"That's what you think" said Theresa May....weird thought Allan, why's she in my kitchen...oh hang on her picture was on the front page. Theresa May kicked the cat as she yelled "Get that silly dressing gown off and pack your bags we're off soon.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Nov 2018 01:12

Off to the Brecon Beacons - don't forget to pack your walking boots.

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 02:43

Walking boots?? She gets stranger every day...since when do I have walking boots? They won't go with my rolled up trousers silly woman.
Allan checked his bags one last time, hang on what's this hidden in the bottom of this one.....

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Nov 2018 07:20

The Book of Kells? This formed the basis for the Dallas series with JR known then as Bertie Ahern.

Allan

Allan Report 18 Nov 2018 09:25

Allan returned the Book back to the Kells as he had no wish to upset his neighbours who had lent him many books over the years.

This trip was going to involve stomach churning excitement, not a holiday of relaxation.

Little did I know when we embarked on this mammoth undertaking just how stomach churning it would be.

Neither did my wife!

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 11:45

:-D

"Right" said Allan "have I got all the essentials....socks....dressing gown....granny pants..how did they get there....sea sickness pills...won't need them,,,,stomach upset medicine nope won't need that....ah there it is...my little black......."

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Nov 2018 12:28

pair of Speedos.
Must have those, in case there's a Karaoke machine - oh, and I must take that hat..

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 12:39

and the boa it just goes so well with all the other things.
Now finally where are the tickets.....I remember I hid them somewhere safe now where was it....oh I don't know why my nickname is Squirrels......ah there they are in my.....

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Nov 2018 12:55

upstairs toilet in the basement.. Where else would Allan listen to Neil MacGregor examining the roles & expressions of shared religious beliefs!

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 13:10

Which reminds me I need my Beats by Dre never listen to Neil without them.

Allen tried to close the zippers on his cases....gosh darn it too much stuff well the wife won't need all those dresses I've a feeling she'll be cabin bound for a while. Having thrown out most of her things he finally succeeded in closing the zippers....only to suddenly glance across the room his one and only......

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Nov 2018 14:30

Pumpkin Pie which was looking dry & dispirited in the season of mists & mellow fruitfulness

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 15:02

Oh might need that pie for a snack on the train, better put it under my hat so I don't lose it.
Come on lass let's get going, have you got the placard ready "train station or bust" no point wasting money on a taxi.....have you practiced flashing your knee I know I have".....

Later at the side of the dusty highway....Allan sitting on the cases watching OH flashing her knees to all the passing truckers.....when suddenly....

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Nov 2018 15:22

This was the point when he remembered that he might not have packed the stomach churn and what would be the point of the holiday without it?

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Nov 2018 15:59

You can never gainsay the weather when we usually expect wet & dismal Christmas school holidays.

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Nov 2018 16:25

Random thoughts had a habit of creeping into his mind...now will I need to get OH running off to the nearest store for said stomach churn...nah no point.....

Oh look this truck looks nice...well he's stopping...what's...what's that smell......oh no pigs.......

room for one little one inside other one in t'back fight it out amongst yourselves but be quick about it....I can feel my inside grumbling I'm either hungry or in need of the bathroom.....

Needless to say.......