General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Predictions for the future

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 17:50

Something I was considering having watched the new Russell T Davies drama ( set in the near future, 2026 I think) this is for anyone who wants to make a little prediction, a time capsule if you like, of what you think the not too distant future might bring, say 5 years time.

Apropos a comment from Dermot (on Rollo's thread which I do not want to hijack) re doomsayers on Brexit ( me) and what the reality might then be, perhaps a few predictions to look back on in 2024, if we're all still here:-)

As serious or silly as you like?

:-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 May 2019 18:01

USA elects it's first gay President.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 May 2019 18:13

Sightly off topic - what was the name of the Drama?

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 18:19

"Years and years" DetEcTive, Tuesday 9PM I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000539d/years-and-years-series-1-episode-1

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 17 May 2019 18:22

Liberals get in to government, being gay becomes compulsory, population of UK drops dramatically as all sensible people emigrate. The sale of my house is finally completed, (we are into the 4th month already). Pigs fly, diesel found to be the most ecologically friendly fuel, petrol vehicles taxed out of all proportion. Jeremy Corbin admits that he has been a Tory all along. Teresa May still clinging on by the skin of her teeth, and still trying to get her withdrawal agreement through the Commons at it's 328th reading. Alcohol is found to be the panacea for all ills. Boris marries Diane Abbot. John Wain turns out to have been gay..... I may come back to this later.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 May 2019 18:33

Thanks Rose. Perhaps it wasn’t on iPlayer when we looked.

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 May 2019 18:41

Historical predictions tend to be very accurate.

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 18:49

2021 the last series of the X factor airs.
2022 Scotland declares independence.
2023 an extra tax is put on red meat. McDonalds get round this cost by halving the size of their milkshakes, making smaller burgers and adding more fries.
2024 George Clooney declares he will run in the next US election.
2025 the Queen dies peacefully, and Charles the Third has his coronation later that year.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 May 2019 18:58

Years and Years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000539d/years-and-years-series-1-episode-1

The cartoon moving faces would sell like crazy if they existed.
Does T May qualify to be transhuman and bug people for ever ?

:-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 19:09

They would Rollo, and as for the robot...well best not go there !

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 19:11

And one that might be more likely to happen in 2022, I find grandfather on the 1921 census with a different 'wife' entirely :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 17 May 2019 19:14

Rose take that back about independence :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 19:32

Oops Emma :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 May 2019 19:34

Jeremy Corbyn, in his second term as PM, declares that the UK is no longer a nation of financial worriers.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 May 2019 21:35

I will be old enough to retire! :-D
I may, or may not get a bus pass.
Depends on who's in Government.

Allan

Allan Report 17 May 2019 22:16

The fire in the crematorium, caused by the alcohol in my body, will still not be under control

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 May 2019 22:32

Allan - me too :-D
Pickling is a good form of preservation :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 17 May 2019 22:48

:-D :-D :-D

Pickled Lily, from Lily the Pink fame

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 May 2019 22:57

:-D :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed